Swinton landlord insurance is tailored to the specific requirements of your property or portfolio. They make finding landlord insurance easy for you through customer service features such as:
- Quick landlord insurance quotes
- Expert advice from insurance specialists, if you require it
- Flexible options as to how you will pay
Swinton’s landlord insurance can be applied to all types of buildings, from flats to bungalows, and can be tailored by you to include:
- Buildings insurance to cover the physical structure of your property
- Contents insurance if you need to protect yourself from the cost of replacing or repairing things such as furniture and fixtures
- Public liability insurance to help you cover the cost of having a personal injury compensation claim filed against you by a tenant
- Accidental damage cover
- Rent guarantee to cover you against the financial losses that come from unpaid rent
- Multiple properties under one policy
- Alternative accommodation cover if a property becomes uninhabitable following a claim
- Optional extended cover for malicious damage caused by tenants
Cover limitations may apply:
- There must be a minimum of a 6 month tenancy agreement in place between the landlord and tenant
- Swinton may be unable to offer you a quote if there is a pending claim.
Types of Landlords insurance
There are different levels of cover available for landlords so it’s important to think carefully about what features you want when deciding what level of cover would be best for you.
Landlords Building Insurance
Most basic level of cover for the building’s structure as well as the costs to rebuild it if it the building was destroyed as the result of a covered incident.
Landlord Content insurance
Covers the items you provide such as furniture and TVs if you rent a property as furnished.
Landlord Liability Insurance
Liability insurance will cover you if one of your tenants goes into litigation with you.
Loss of Rent cover
If an accident occurs which causes damage to or destroys your property causing you to lose rent then this insurance could help cover this cost. Some policies might also cover the costs of providing alternative housing to your tenants.
Landlord Emergency cover
This will cover the cost of emergency repairs following incidents that need immediate attention like a burst pipe or gas leak. This type of insurance can help you get a qualified tradesman quickly to the property to make it safe.