As a taxi driver many insurers will consider you a higher risk driver due to the amount of extra miles you do every year as well as the fact working as a taxi driver tends to involve a lot of driving at unsociable hours and in built up areas, this means taxi insurance is usually more expensive than you would expect to pay for normal vehicle insurance.
As with most financial products, taxi insurance can vary greatly between providers and plans, therefore shopping around and evaluating your different options before taking out a policy is really important in getting the best deal.
We work with specialist taxi insurance brokers who provide a first class service to help you find the best policy for you offering:
- Competitive quotes from leading UK Taxi Insurers
- A range of taxi cover and pricing options
- Bespoke quotes for higher risk drivers
- 3, 6 and 12 month policies
- All UK areas considered
- Experienced customer service
- Benefit from highly competitive rates for taxi insurance, with the option for payments by instalment. See the table below and get taxi insurance cover today:
Before you take out a policy
There is quite a wide range of variety when it comes to taxi insurance but it’s important to consider when deciding what is best for you. apart from whether you are a public hire or private hire taxi driver you will also need to decide on when picking your insurance exactly what sort of policy you want
Policy only - This is likely to be the cheapest form of cover, however it is also usually the most basic so you should check whether this policy is appropriate for you first.
Named driver - This policy usually covers one sole driver to one specific vehicle.
All-driver - This type of insurance covers all drivers over a certain age to drive the vehicle, typically 25 years and over.
Finding the best taxi insurance quotes can help to keep the cost down of running your business. Use the table to help you compare quotes and find taxi insurance
Think about what you would like included in your policy such as:
- Flexible payment options
- Specialist insurance options to suit you, whether you own a fleet or just one vehicle
- Taxi breakdown cover and 24 hour taxi accident recovery services
- Medical expenses for injury caused in an accident
- Public Liability Insurance – essential protection as you are providing a service to members of the public
- Legal expenses cover - If you get into an accident in your taxi and it’s not your fault, you will want to claim back your excess and other costs, for example vehicle hire, from the negligent driver. Most importantly, the recovery of these costs will maintain your no-claims bonus.
- Vehicle Replacement service – some providers may offer new for old cover on taxis less than 12 months old
- Cover for items carried in the taxi
- Unlimited passenger liability cover to make sure that everyone is protected if your taxi becomes involved in an accident.
- Short or long-term policies to suit your needs
- Taxi windscreen repair or replacement