The Tesco Compare car insurance service is no longer available but Tesco Bank do now offer their own car insurance policies which feature:
- Discount for Clubcard customers
- Discount on your car insurance from the Tesco Drive + Reward App
- A no claims discount and the option to protect it
- -pay to add the optional extras that suit you want
- Comprehensive or 3rd party insurance available
- Box insurance available for drivers aged 17-25
- Uninsured driver promise
Optional extras include
- Upgraded courtesy car
- Key cover
- Breakdown cover
With car insurance getting the best policy for you is what matters most, so not only that you are saving money but also that your policy includes the things you need it to.
Because of this shopping around to find the best plan is really worthwhile. You can use the comparison table above to see some of the latest deals from different providers to get an idea of what might be available for you.
You could also click the link and fill in the online form to get quotes from a range of different insurers.
Before you take out a new policy think about the type of policy you want:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance – Grants you cover to third parties but also to you and your own car and passengers in the event of an accident. This type of cover usually allows you to drive another car (may only be on a third party basis).
- Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance - In addition to covering third party, this cover also provides financial protection in the event of damage to your car in the event of fire or loss due to theft.
- Third Party Car Insurance - Third party car insurance is the minimum cover required by UK law on a vehicle used on a public highway. If you have an accident this cover will protect you from having to pay for damage to other vehicles. However you are not covered by any damage you cause to your vehicle or if the vehicle is stolen or for fire damage.
- Car Legal Expenses Insurance - Normally sold as an optional piece of coverage which provides you with additional cover for any legal expenses you may incur in the event of a dispute. For example if you were in an accident that was not your fault and you wished to claim back any uninsured losses and legal expense then this type of cover would help to cover that.