The reason why van insurance prices can differ so much is that insurance companies take a large amount of information into consideration, including:
- The age and experience of the driver
- The weight of the vehicle and its age
- The location the claim is being made from
One of the most important factors that should be taken into consideration when looking for van insurance in the UK is what the primary use of the vehicle will be:
- Carrying your own goods or those of other people that you need in order to be able to do your work , such as cleaning products
- Haulage or couriering, where goods are carried out as part of a service being paid for by a third party
- The van could be used for domestic or pleasure purposes and not be associated in any way with work
There are three types of van insurance that are available in the UK:
Third Party Only cover is the most limited form of van insurance in the UK, and is the minimum requirement for taking your vehicle out in the road. You will be covered only against damage caused to your van by somebody else.
Third Party, Fire and Theft will add damage caused by fires, lightning, explosions and attempted theft to your third party cover.
Comprehensive Cover will add cover for accidental or malicious damage to your policy, giving the fullest protection possible.
The price of premiums will vary between companies so it is important that you take the time to compare a number of different van insurance quotes before settling on a policy.
Getting a variety of van insurance quotes is now as easy as clicking on a few of the links in the table above.