Choosing the right Virgin mortgage deal for you
When choosing the right Virgin mortgage deal for you, it is a good idea to consider various factors when making your decision. You will need to think about the value of the property you want to buy, how much you can afford as a deposit, and how much you are able to put towards monthly repayments. Some of the mortgage options that are currently available from Virgin Money include:
- Fixed rate mortgage deals – A fixed rate Virgin mortgage deal could give the reassurance that your mortgage repayments will stay the same each month for the entire duration of the fixed rate period. Fixed rate mortgage deals are available with a variety or lengths of time and deposit requirements, so you can choose the Virgin fixed rate mortgage deal to suit you.
- Tracker mortgage deals - A tracker mortgage follows the Bank of England Base Rate, so if the base rate rises or falls, your mortgage repayments will rise or fall accordingly. Virgin offers a selection of tracker mortgage deals to suit different borrowing needs.
- Buy to let mortgage deals – for prospective and existing landlords, Virgin offers a range of fixed rate and tracker buy to let mortgage deals at up to 75% loan to value (LTV)
- First time buyer mortgage deals – Virgin offers first time buyer mortgages with the Help to Buy scheme, a Government-backed initiative that aims to help people with smaller deposits to buy a home. If you are eligible for this scheme then you may be able to get a mortgage with as little as a 5% deposit. You will need to be intending to use the property as your main residence, and you will need to meet all the relevant Help to Buy criteria as well as Virgin’s own mortgage lending criteria.
Features and benefits of Virgin mortgage deals
Virgin mortgages offer some of the following additional features and benefits to borrowers:
- Online access to your mortgage account, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Enjoy benefits and discounts across the Virgin group of companies including Virgin Holidays and Virgin Wines
- A dedicated mortgage adviser to help you with your mortgage application Flexible mortgage features, including options for overpayments of up to 10% of the mortgage balance each year
- Underpayment facility with selected Virgin mortgage deals
- Apply to take a payment holiday up to once every nine months if you require it
- Special mortgage rates available for existing Virgin Money mortgage customers who are remortgaging or wanting to borrow more money
To compare the latest Virgin Money mortgage deals with other leading rates and find the best mortgage for you, use our free online mortgage tables above, or call our mortgage team on 0117 332 6063 or call Virgin Money direct FREE on 03303 333893