Car hire daily insurance
Car Hire Daily Insurance
If you are just hiring a car for the day, it’s likely that you will want to find a car hire insurance policy that just covers you for that period of time. Use the table below to compare some of the latest car hire daily insurance offers:
|Provider||Cover Term||Minimum and Maximum Age||Special Features||Get Quotes|
Bettersafe Excess Insurance Quotes »
|1 - 180 days||21 - 85||Car Hire Excess Insurance from £1.99 per day. Covers car hire worldwide including rentals in your home country. Some of the protection provided would include: the rental company have claimed one of the baby seats was damaged; the car was significantly scratched at the time you returned it; following a mis–fuelling error you have been charged for significant repairs; a large bill for damage to the undercarriage of the vehicle has been charged to your card; any other circumstance where you had received an excess charge following a qualifying claim.||Get Quotes >|
Questor Excess Insurance Quotes »
|1 - 31 days with option to extend||21 - 84||Car Hire Excess Insurance from £2.69 per day. Covers car hire worldwide including rentals in your home country. All sums insured/benefits are for each rental agreement. The excess on the rental agreement up to £5,000 with an option to increase the cover £50,000 where you need full Collision Damage Waiver. Cars and MPV's up to 9 seats covered. Great optional extras to extend cover including Extended Rental, Dual Lead Driver, Battery Failure Cover & Mobile Phone Charges||Get Quotes >|
How much does daily car insurance cost?
Daily car insurance can cost as little as a few pounds a day, and can give you peace of mind whether you’re driving in the UK or on a trip abroad.
What can car hire daily insurance cover?
Many car hire daily insurance products cover accidental damage, fire, theft and malicious damage to the hired vehicle and loss or damage to the tyres, windscreen, and loss of use of the vehicle. Some of the other things that might be covered as standard by a good quality daily car hire insurance policy include:
- Personal accident insurance
- Towing cover – if your rental car requires it(bear in mind that you will not usually be covered for other breakdown costs)
- Putting the wrong fuel into the car – if you accidentally put the wrong fuel into your hire car, you could be covered for this. What does car hire daily insurance NOT cover?
Many car hire daily insurance policies have a few exclusions, such as:
- You may find it harder to get cover for hire cars over a certain value
- Vehicles that are more than 20 years old may be harder to insure
- Any person not named on the rental agreement, certificate of insurance
- You are unlikely to be covered for breakdowns and will usually need to purchase separate breakdown cover for this
- You may not be covered for loss or injury to third parties