Car Hire Excess Insurance
Compare Car Hire Excess Insurance
The excess charges on car hire insurance claims can be large, but you could save money with a car hire excess insurance policy, you can use the table below to compare providers and click on the links to apply.
Car Hire Excess Insurance
Whether you rent hire cars often or very occasionally you may know that may hire car providers will offer you a selection of extra insurance products for an additional cost such as breakdown cover and personal injury cover.
You may not be aware however that with many providers if the vehicle is damaged in any way you are liable to pay an excess on the insurance, which can sometimes be considerably costly, sometimes between £500-£2000.
Car Hire Excess insurance is a policy designed to pay for these excesses. The hire company itself may offer excess insurance as an additional product; they may charge more for this than you would necessarily need to pay. It’s possible to buy car hire excess insurance in advance to cover you however. Doing so could save you a considerable amount of money if your hire car provider’s option has particularly expensive premiums on their excess insurance.
Like European breakdown cover it is possible to purchase car hire excess insurance for a single trip, or if you frequently rent vehicles is may prove more economical to purchase an annual policy which will cover you for all trips within that 12 month period.
Another advantage of buying this kind of insurance beforehand is you get to compare the market to find the best deal out there from all of the different providers. In addition to price however you may want to consider some other factors with your insurance policy, it may be worth spending slightly more if it means you have a more comprehensive policy you are personally more comfortable with.
Some things you may want to consider are:
- Age limits – Some providers place a minimum and/or maximum limit on how old drivers of the vehicle are permitted to be to still be provided with cover.
- Countries – Some providers may not be willing to provide excess insurance for renting a car in certain countries, if you are intending on renting a vehicle abroad then it is worth ensuring a policy would actually provide cover for the countries you are going to be in.
- Vehicle type – Some types of vehicles such as those with a larger number of seats may be excluded from a standard policy, you may therefore need to purchase a special policy for some types of vehicle. A provider may also place a limit on the maximum value of a vehicle as well as the maximum age of the vehicle
- Misfueling – Some providers will offer you cover if the vehicle is damaged as a result of you putting the wrong kind of fuel in the tank, others will not.
- Key replacement – Similar to misfueling some providers may not provide cover if you lose or break the vehicle’s keys.
|Provider||Special Offers||Get Quotes|
5 Star car insurance from £163 – That’s all 10% paid for our standard cover* .
|Get Quotes >|
Direct Line »
|Our Guaranteed Hire Car cover comes as standard with our comprehensive motor insurance.|