Compare CFD Trading Platforms
|Provider||Account||Markets||Rates||Minimum Deposit||Demo A/C||Features||More Info|
|IG CFD Account||Over 15,000 markets to trade in||FX from 0.6 points, indices from 0.4, shares from 0.1% commission||£250||Reduced commissions in first two weeks of trading||More Info >|
All trading involves risk. Losses can exceed deposits. Your capital is at risk. Our website is completely free for you to use but we may receive a commission from some of the companies we link to on the site.
What is CFD Trading?
Contracts for difference (CFDs) allow you to open a contract for the difference in price of an asset, from the point of opening to when you close.
- Importantly, CFDs are a leveraged product. This means you only have to put down a small deposit for a much larger market exposure.
- Leverage comes with significant benefits and risks: your investment capital can go further, but you can also lose more than your initial deposit.
CFD trading allows you to take a position on the future value of an asset whether you think it will go up or down. While this means the product is very flexible, it also requires a high level of risk management.
It's important to remember you're trading contracts with IG, not physically trading in the underlying market. This means you don’t actually own any assets.
What markets can I trade in?
There a huge amount of options for CFD traders. Markets include:
- Indices - FTSE 100, Wall Street, Germany 30 and others
- Shares - UK and international shares
- Forex - major international currencies can be traded
- Commodities - Trade on gold, silver and oil and dozens of other markets
- IPOs - take a position before and after key initial Public Offerings
- Other markets - bond sectors, interest rates and other markets
Important Risk Information:
This website contains information only and does not constitute advice or a personal recommendation in any way whatsoever.
Spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and can result in losses that exceed deposits. The value of shares, ETFs and ETCs bought through an IG share dealing or stocks and shares ISA account can fall as well as rise, which could mean getting back less than you originally put in. Please ensure you fully understand the risks and take care to manage your exposure.
Different types of investment carry different levels of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you read the Important Risk Information for further details. Prior to making any decision to invest, you should ensure that you are familiar with the risks associated with a particular investment and should read the product literature. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of a particular investment, both in respect of its objectives and its risk profile, you should seek independent financial advice.