CIS Van Insurance
Compare Van Insurance Deals
- Named driver no claims discount
- Matched no claims discount – If you are the only person insured on your Direct Line for Business van insurance policy and you purchase a second van that will only be driven by you, they will match the number of years on your existing van and allow a discount.
- Accidental & Malicious Damage
- Tools cover (up to £500)
- Personal accident cover
- Medical expenses
- New van replacement**
*10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 01 November 2017 – 30 April 2018. Excluding add ons.
**If your vehicle is less than one year old and you are the first and only registered owner, Direct Line will replace it with one of the same make and model. t&cs apply.
- Minimum Age 21 & hold a UK or EU driving license and are permanently resident in the UK
- The total number of convictions, fixed penalties or disqualifications for all drivers does not exceed 3 in the last 5 years
- The total number of accidents or claims for all drivers does not exceed 5 in the last 3 years
- The vehicle is kept at your address and has not been modified or altered in any way (including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine), other than external signage, internal paneling and/or internal or external racking
- Your business or the business of your employer is not in any way connected with any of the following: the entertainment or fashion industry, professional sports, foreign service, foreign diplomatic personnel, mini-cab drivers or mini-cab controllers
- Your vehicle is not used for the purpose of cooking food or providing hot or cold refreshments such as Ice Cream Vans, Burger Vans or does not carry hot bitumen or any other heated or refrigerated or frozen goods
- The annual mileage of your vehicle does not exceed 50,000
- Legal cover – Up to £100,000 of cover
- Helpline – 24/7 motoring legal helpline
- Windscreen – cover for comprehensive policies
- Accidental damage & vandalism – cover for comprehensive policies
*Based on sales from 1st January 2018 to 30th June 2018 of RAC Van Insurance, purchased direct, excluding any additional products, upgrades and finance fee. Your premium will depend on your circumstances and the level of cover you choose.
- You are the owner and registered keeper of the van
- Must be permanently resident in the UK
- Have never had insurance cancelled, refused or special terms imposed on any policy within the last 5 years
- Have not been convicted of any non-motoring offences e.g. theft, dishonesty, fraud and drink/drug related offences in the last 5 years
- The van will be used for one sole occupation
- The van is not left hand drive
- Motor Legal Protection as standard
- Choice of Excess – range of excess options
- 24/7 Emergency Helpline
- Guaranteed Repairs – for three years when using Approved Repairer
- Free Courtesy Vehicle – Comprehensive cover only & subject to availability
- Van Audio & Navigation Equipment – up to £750 cover for original manufacturer equipment and up to £300 for other equipment fitted to your van
- Windscreen Cover – comprehensive cover only
- Replacement Locks – covered up to £300 if your van keys are stolen
- Personal Belongings – covered up to £100 if they are damaged or stolen
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must be UK resident
- Vehicle must be kept at the home address declared within the quotation
- Vehicle weight must not exceed 3.5 tonnes
- 10% online discount and up to 60% no claims discount
- 98% of van insurance claim paid out**
- Accident recovery – repair your vehicle or damaged windscreens by the road
- Guaranteed courtesy van – when we’re repairing your van at an approved garage following an accident
- Your valuables – If you have things like Sat Navs and permanently-fitted audio players installed, we’ll pay towards replacing them if they’re lost or stolen. We’ll also pay up to £250 towards the cost of any other personal belongings lost or damaged while in your van.
- Taking your van abroad? – Covered for up to 93 days’ travel in the EU
*10% of our customers paid this or less between January and March 2018
** Based on AXA Van Insurance claims made in 2015
- All drivers must be aged between 25 and 75
- Must be UK residents
- Your van insurance policy will only cover you for the insured van
- The maximum amount of named drivers allowed on the policy at any one time is four
Why choose CIS van insurance?
Some of the benefits of CIS van insurance include:
- An introductory discount of 25%
- Free European cover
- Free recovery and emergency helpline
- A monthly payment scheme to help you spread the cost of van insurance
- The option to add breakdown cover to your policy
Type of van insurance on offer include:
- Comprehensive Van Insurance – As the name suggests provides cover both to third parties but also to you and your own van and passengers in the event of an accident. This type of cover often also allows you to drive another van (may only be on a third party basis).
- Van Legal Expenses Insurance – Normally sold as an add on to van insurance and provides legal expense cover in the event of a dispute e.g. if you are in an accident that is not your fault you may wish to claim back uninsured losses and legal expense cover will help you fund the legal costs.
- Third Party Van Insurance – Third party van insurance is the minimum cover required by UK law on a vehicle used on a public highway. If you have an accident this cover will protect you from having to pay for damage to other vehicles. You cannot make a claim against your own vehicle.
- Third Party Fire and Theft Van Insurance – In addition to covering third party liabilities this cover also provides financial protection in the event of damage to your van in the event of fire or loss due to theft.