Compare Commercial Van Insurance
Compare deals on commercial van insurance
Commercial van insurance is designed to cover businesses with multiple vehicles - depending on the policy you choose, any number of vans can be covered. Use the table below to compare top commercial van insurance deals:
Compare Van Insurance Quotes
|Provider||Replacement Van||Max Weight||Multi Van Cover||Additional Benefits||Apply|
The Van Insurer Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Quotes from 50 brokers - compare more van insurance brokers than any other price comparison site. Cheapest van insurance price, guaranteed||Get Quotes >|
RAC Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Van Insurance cover for under £182. Up to £100,000 of Motor Legal cover, 24/7 motoring legal helpline, windscreen cover for comprehensive policies, accidental damage and vandalism cover for comprehensive policies. RAC members pay £118 less on average for RAC Van Insurance than non-members||Get Quotes >|
Direct Line Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Direct Line Van Insurance with prices from £182 a year. 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.||Get Quotes >|
AXA Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Van insurance from just £211 a year. 5-star Defaqto Rating. Business, courier or personal van insurance. 10% online discount and up to 60% no claims discount. 98% of van insurance claims paid out||Get Quotes >|
Zenith Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Motor Legal Protection as standard, choice of excess, 24/7 emergency helpline, guaranteed repairs, free courtesy vehicle, cover for audio & navigation equipment, windscreen cover, replacement locks and personal belongings. Plus optional extras||Get Quotes >|
Types of commercial van insurance
When you are responsible for insuring multiple vehicles for a company, choosing the right level of cover is vital. The three basic policy options for your commercial van insurance will include:
Third party only insurance – this is the minimum level of vehicle insurance required by law in the UK and covers damage to property or injury to others caused by your vehicle. However, it doesn’t cover damage to your own vehicles.
Third party fire and theft – this type of insurance covers the same things as third party only insurance, with the addition of cover for damage to your vehicle by fire or the loss of your vehicle through theft.
Comprehensive insurance – this type of insurance will cover you for the same eventualities as third party fire and theft, plus loss or damage to your vehicle, personal effects cover, windscreen damage, accidental damage, and even medical expenses.
What does van insurance cover?
Things covered by van insurance policies could include:
- For customers with commercials of 5 vehicles or more, some commercial van insurance policies will provide a selection of risk management support including van tracking systems
- 24 hour van accident recovery
- Medical expenses for injury caused in an accident
- Cover for a variety of van usage including carriage of own goods, carriage of goods for hire or reward, and haulage
- New for old cover on vans less than 12 months old
- Van Breakdown cover
- Cover for item carried in the van such as tools or goods
- Van windscreen repair or replacement
- Courtesy vans are often available in the event of an accident, providing that the van has not been written off
- Legal expenses cover - If you get into an accident in your van and it’s not your fault, you will want to claim back your excess and other costs, for example vehicle hire, from the negligent driver. Most importantly, the recovery of these costs will maintain your no-claims bonus.
To find the best deal for your commercial, use our independent online commercial van insurance quote service, which offers:
- Quotes from major UK commercial van insurers
- An extensive range of cover and pricing options
- Specific options and conditions for many different types of business
Insurance companies provide commercial van insurance either as an expanded part of their standard policies or as specialist policies depending on vehicle use. Check out some of the latest deals on commercial van insurance in the table above.