Compare European Van Insurance
European Van Insurance Deals
Many insurance companies now offer European van insurance as standard, to protect you and your van when you take it to Europe. It is even sometimes provided without having to alert your insurance provider before hand, but always check the small print to make sure you’ll be covered.
To get the cover you need, compare European van insurance deals from across the market using our free online quotes service, or see the table below for some of the latest van insurance deals:
|Provider||Replacement Van||Max Weight||Multi Van Cover||Additional Benefits||Apply|
The Van Insurer Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Quotes from 50 brokers - compare more van insurance brokers than any other price comparison site. Cheapest van insurance price, guaranteed||Get Quotes >|
RAC Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Van Insurance cover for under £182. Up to £100,000 of Motor Legal cover, 24/7 motoring legal helpline, windscreen cover for comprehensive policies, accidental damage and vandalism cover for comprehensive policies. RAC members pay £118 less on average for RAC Van Insurance than non-members||Get Quotes >|
Direct Line Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Direct Line Van Insurance with prices from £182 a year. 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.||Get Quotes >|
AXA Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Van insurance from just £211 a year. 5-star Defaqto Rating. Business, courier or personal van insurance. 10% online discount and up to 60% no claims discount. 98% of van insurance claims paid out||Get Quotes >|
Zenith Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Motor Legal Protection as standard, choice of excess, 24/7 emergency helpline, guaranteed repairs, free courtesy vehicle, cover for audio & navigation equipment, windscreen cover, replacement locks and personal belongings. Plus optional extras||Get Quotes >|
What is van insurance?
Before you take your van on the roads in the EU, it’s vital to make sure that you have up to date insurance to protect yourself and other road users in the event of an accident. Unless your van has been declared off road, you must have up to date insurance or you could be liable for a fine or driving ban if caught uninsured. Plus, having the right insurance in place can leave you free to enjoy your trip to Europe.
Choosing the right European van insurance
All van insurance policies vary, so it is vital to check the small print before choosing European van insurance as a standard UK van insurance policy may not cover you for EU trips. It makes sense to shop around in order to find the best European van insurance, and some of the benefits offered by a comprehensive European van insurance provider may include:
- Accidental damage cover
- Audio equipment cover
- Cover for driving in the EU
- Windscreen repair and replacement
Types of European van insurance
- Third party only insurance – this is the minimum level of vehicle insurance required by law in the UK and covers damage to property or injury to others caused by your vehicle. However, it doesn’t cover damage to your own vehicle.
- Third party fire and theft – this type of insurance covers the same things as third party only insurance, with the addition of cover for damage to your vehicle by fire or the loss of your vehicle through theft
- Comprehensive van insurance – this type of insurance will cover you for the same eventualities as third party fire and theft, plus loss or damage to your vehicle, personal effects cover, windscreen damage, accidental damage, and even medical expenses.Telematics insurance – this type of insurance involves installing a ‘black box’ in your vehicle that tracks how you drive, meaning that you could receive cheaper premiums for showing safe driving behaviours.
Make sure you get the best possible deal for your requirements - compare European van insurance quotes from across the market using our fast online service.