Instant cover for car, van and a range of other vehicles. Cost-effective and flexible options, we’re confident you can find a policy to suit your needs. Getting a customised quote takes a couple of minutes and you can be covered instantly.
Daily Car Insurance
Compare Daily Short Term Car Insurance
- Partnered with the best brands
- Comparative quotes
- Available in just a few moments
- Award winning UK call centre
- Cover can begin immediately
- Preventing loss of existing No Claims Bonus
- Multi award winning business
- Must be 17 and older and have been a UK resident for a minimum of 12 months
- Online Comprehensive Cover
- Insure someone else on your car
- Online Quote in Seconds
- Print Certificate & Drive
- Drivers aged 19-75
- Full UK, EU, EEA or Commonwealth licence 1yr+
- No more than 6 penalty points
- No more than 2 claims
- Not been disqualified
- Right-hand-drive vehicles only
- Market Value over £1500 and under £45000
- No Modified Vehicles
- Get the practice you need whenever you want
- Protects the vehicle owners No Claims Discount
- All temporary learner driver policies from Tempcover come with comprehensive cover as standard
- Must be 17 and older and have been a UK resident for a minimum of 12 months. To get a quote you’ll need:
- Any driver is allowed to supervise as long as they are over 21 and have held a full UK driving licence for at least three years (as long as they do not have a DR coded conviction within the last 5 years).
- Learner Driver can get as much extra practice as they like
- If it’s someone else’s car you are using, this independent policy removes the risk of any negative effect to their own policy – like losing their No Claims Bonus discount
- A more cost effective way to practice in addition to your driving lessons
- Flexibility to arrange instant cover when you need some extra driving practice from just 1 day
- Comprehensive cover on the vehicle whilst the learner is driving
- Accompanying driver must be a Full Licence holder, must be between 25-72 years of age, and must have held a Full UK, EEA or E Driving Licence for a minimum of 3 years
Compare Daily Car Insurance Deals
If you are taking a holiday, travelling for business or simply need to name another driver on your policy, taking out a daily car insurance policy could an option to consider. Why pay for a standard or monthly policy when you only need insurance for a day or two? The companies that offer temporary car insurance quotes stress that a daily policy offers the upmost flexibility while still providing an individual with the cover they need to have peace of mind.
Daily car insurance does provide flexibility as it gives a person the option of covering themselves on a day to day basis or for a pre-determined amount of time under a month. This does mean that each policy can be tailored to suit an individuals needs.
The other advantage that is given for daily policies is that with standard 12 month polices, if a person were to add another person to the policy it is possible that they would lose their no claims discount. For many people it seems like a better option to insure themselves for a day or two with another person named and not have their bonus affected.
The possible disadvantage of a daily car insurance policy is that it is likely to be fairly expensive and have a high level of excess. The limited number of companies specialising in this kind of insurance also means that it is harder to exploit market competition in order to get better car insurance quotes.
If you only need daily car insurance there are several options available to you. Whether you are borrowing a friend’s car or have hired a car for a day see below for daily car insurance quotes. Check out the table for some of the latest temporary car insurance deals.