Family Travel Insurance
Save on Family Travel Insurance
It's always important to make sure you are covered with a travel insurance policy when taking a holiday, but when it comes to travelling with your family, the extra peace of mind that comes from being protected is even more important. Buying family travel insurance rather than separate policies could save you time and money, and some family travel insurance providers even offer FREE travel insurance for kids when you ensure one or more adults.
|Provider||Online Discount||Medical Cover||Special Features|
Admiral Travel Insurance
|n/a||Up to £20 million||Defaqto 5 Star Travel Insurance from Admiral. Single, Annual, Winter Sports, Golf or Cruise. Choose the cover to suit you. Choose from Admiral, Admiral Gold or Admiral Platinum Cover.24‑hour emergency helpline||Get Quotes >|
AVIVA Travel Insurance
|n/a||Up to £10 million||Up to £10,000,000 emergency medical cover, up to £5,000 cancellation cover and kennel/cattery fees paid, up to £750 lost or stolen passport, up to £50,000 legal expenses, cover for lost or stolen money. Winter sports and golf club cover available for additional premium||Get Quotes >|
Liverpool Victoria Travel Insurance
|10%||up to £10 million||10% online discount on LV= Travel insurance. Choose from Essential or 5 Star Defaqto rated Premier cover which offers up to £10,000 cancellation cover, all pre-existing medical conditions considered, no upper age limit for single trips, cruise cover automatically included on annual policies. You can choose to add cover for baggage and winter sports.||Get Quotes >|
Columbus Travel Insurance
|n/a||up to £15 million||Award winning Single Trip Travel Cover - Kids Go FREE - Airline Failure Insurance included||Get Quotes >|
Good to Go Travel Insurance
|n/a||up to £10 million||No Age Limits. Specialise in offering competitive travel cover for people with pre existing medical conditions and over 65s. Also cover travelling companions on the same policy.||Get Quotes >|
Staysure Over 50s Travel Insurance
|n/a||up to £10 million||Over 50s Travel Insurance Specialist - Experts in pre existing medical conditions - Best travel insurance Customer Service Awards 2013 (UK Broker Awards)||Get Quotes >|
Debenhams Travel Insurance
|n/a||Up to £10,000,000||FREE £5 Debenhams gift card when you take out a single trip policy or FREE £10 gift card when you take out an annual multi-trip policy. Prices from under £11 for single trip. Free cover for kids.||Get Quotes >|
John Lewis Travel Insurance
|20%||up to £10 million||3 types of cover available. Cancellation cover up to £8,000. Personal belongings cover up to £2,500.||Get Quotes >|
Why choose family travel insurance?
Benefits of family travel insurance
- Higher levels of cover for families - You may receive higher cover levels on a family policy as there are more people to be covered - this could be in the form of additional baggage cover, higher cover level for alternative accommodation and increased cancellation cover.
- Sports and activities cover - A family holiday with people of different ages and interests could involve lots of different activities from sightseeing to scuba diving, so many family travel insurance policies cover a wide range of sports and activities as standard.
- Kids go FREE - A number of insurers also offer free cover for those under the age of 18. If you’re buying travel insurance for your family, named dependent children under 18 are often covered for free as long as they are travelling with a parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt or legal guardian.
- Cover for children over 18 – some family travel insurance providers allow you to include children aged 18 and over and in full time education on your family travel insurance policy.
- Cover for family members travelling separately - Some policies also allow the family members to travel separately within the year if taken as an annual policy. This could mean that parents are covered for business trips while children are covered for school trips abroad during the year, all on one family travel insurance policy.
- The best family travel insurance rates
- Online discounts on offer
- Family travel insurance policies for pre-existing medical conditions
- Additional and optional features