Hastings Direct Home Insurance

Compare Hastings Direct Home Insurance

Compare - Latest Home Insurance Deals
ProviderBuildings Max Std CoverContents Max Std CoverFeatures:Get Quotes
Rebuild Cost£50,000

5 Star home insurance from just £99
10% of all customers buying home buildings and contents insurance with us from June 2017 to August 2017 paid £99 or less (Source: Aviva). The price you pay will depend upon individual circumstances, cover chosen and payment method selected.

Get Quotes >
£1 million£100,000

Over 50s Home Cover - Buildings and contents insurance from £141 a year – 51% of customers who paid annually and took out a new policy between May and July 2015 paid this or even less

Get Quotes >

Five star rated Platinum Home Insurance.
(Moneyfacts Home Insurance 2018). Choose from three levels of cover, covering some or all of: home emergency, boiler cover, family legal protection, accidental damage on both buildings and contents, personal possessions, bicycles, matching items, trace and access. Plus add optional extras. 24-hour Emergency Helpline

Get Quotes >

UK's number 1 rated home insurance provider. We compare policies from leading providers as well as our own to find you the right cover. Prices fixed for 2 years

Get Quotes >

Great value 'Defaqto' 5 Star rated cover. £1 million cover if you need to rebuild your home, choose up to £150,000 for your contents cover, 24-hour UK emergency helpline

Get Quotes >

5 Star Defaqto award-winning insurer.
Pay monthly at no extra cost (0% APR Representative). Low excess of just £45 (apart from escaping water and subsidence). No hidden admin fees. 'New for old' cover. Age UK Home Insurance is administered by Ageas Retail Limited and provided by a limited panel of insurers.

Get Quotes >

Get a quote today and you could save 15% when you buy online. (Discount includes introductory and web discount, first year premium only. Minimum Premiums apply)

Get Quotes >

Get quotes from over 65 trusted home insurance brands in minutes. 20% of consumers could achieve a saving of £158 with Gocompare.com (based on independent research by Consumer Intelligence during 1 October to 31 October 2016)

Get Quotes >

*There is no total sum insured, but other limits apply including single article and total valuables limits.

** Up to 50% offer includes introductory 25% discount applied to annual home insurance premium and not to additional extras. £30 gift card applies when purchasing new combined cover.

***99% of people who had a buildings and contents quote during May 2012 received a discount of at least 15%.

♦ Not available to customers renewing their existing cover

 ****Discount applies when you buy buildings and contents together. 30% combined and 20% online discount deducted consecutively. Excludes optional covers. Minimum premiums apply. New customers only.

Is Hastings Direct home insurance right for you?

An emergency situation at home cannot be anticipated and so people are rarely financially prepared for when their property is subject to an accident, adverse weather damage, fire or theft. Building repairs are expensive and with most properties holding approximately £25,000 of contents, home insurance is a good way to be ready for the worst.


Home Insurance is generally separated in to buildings and content cover. With Hastings you purchase these policies together as one joint cover plan or you can purchase them separately.


Hastings Direct Home Insurance Review

Hastings Direct offer a fully customisable home insurance policy. You are able to purchase buildings and contents insurance separately and add-on a range of extra options.


With a Hastings Direct home insurance policy, you receive the following as standard:


  • Defaqto 5 Star rated cover
  • 24/7 UK claims helpline
  • Flexible payment plans
  • 30% no claims discount
  • A policy tailored to suit your needs using optional add-ons


Optional add-ons

By adding optional extra cover to your home insurance, you can build a policy that covers everything you need without paying for anything you don't.


With Hasting Direct home insurance you can choose add-ons including:
  • Accidental damage cover
  • Cover for items away from home
  • specific cover for your most valuable items
  • Family legal protection
  • Home emergency cover
  • Key cover


Choosing Home Insurance

When choosing your home insurance, there are many things to consider. We’ve narrowed down some of the key questions to ask yourself when selecting home insurance.


Are you a homeowner or renting?

This will affect whether you need building and contents insurance, or just contents insurance. If you are renting, your landlord will be responsible for maintaining the building, so you will only need to protect your own possessions with contents inurance. However, if you are a homeowner you will normally need both buildings and contents insurance. If you have a mortgage, taking out buildings insurance will almost certainly be one of the conditions you agreed to.


Does the policy provides enough cover for your needs?

All policies have their limits and it’s wise to make sure that your home is covered for the rebuild value rather than the market value. You should also carefully cost your possessions to make sure the policy will be enough to cover them all. Many people vastly underestimate how much their home contents are worth.


Does your policy offer New for Old cover?

New for Old cover for your possessions is offered as standard in many contents policies now, but this is still worth checking. New for Old simply means that you will receive a similar but new product to the old item, rather than the value of the old one.


What excess are you able to pay?

Most home insurance policies require you to pay an excess charge when making claim. There are normally two parts to this, a compulsory excess and a voluntary excess. The compulsory excess is set by your policy provider, while the voluntary excess is set by you. The higher your voluntary excess, the lower your monthly premiums will be, but the more you will have to pay out if you do make a claim.