Income Protection Providers

Protect your income from the unexpected!

How do you long do you think you could keep up your current lifestyle if your main source of income was suddenly removed from the equation? If you are looking for an  income protection provider you need to decide whether you require short or long term protection.

Perhaps you have long term obligations such as a mortgage, rent or child care or perhaps you only have one source of income. Income protection insurance will pay you a regular set of tax free payments if you are unable to work due to sickness, injury or unemployment. Most short term income protection providers offer polices that will cover you for a period of up to 12 months and pay a maximum amount of £18,000 or 50% of income whichever is less over that time period.

Longer term income protection plans are available from specialist providers offering comprehensive protection should you become ill or suffer an injury that prevents you from working - cover will normally be paid out until you are able to resume work up to a nominated age e.g. age 60.


For short term income protection quotes see below: 

Short Term Income Protection - Online Quotes
ProviderType of InsuranceMaximum CoverSpecial FeaturesGet Quotes
Short Term Income Protection InsuranceUp to £2,500 per month or 65% of Gross Salary (whichever is lower)Price Beat Guarantee - Widest Cover - Online QuotesGet Quotes >

For long term income protection please see our partner service below to obtain quotes and advice if required.

Long Term Income Protection - Quote Service
Quote ServicesLife Insurance QuotesCritical Illness Insurance QuotesIncome Protection QuotesFamily Income Benefit QuotesGet Quotes
YesYesYesYesMore Info >
  • Long Term Income Insurance Quotes
  • Fill in one simple form and an expert will call you back
  • No obligation quote service
  • Get the right cover for your needs

To be eligible for short term income protection, most providers will ask that you:

  • Are a permanent resident and employee within the UK
  • That you are employed at the time you take out the policy
  • That you have been continuously in employment for a set amount of time before making a claim