Compare Medical Insurance Quotes
In conjunction with our service through Activequote you can:
- View more than 50 quotes online
- Compare the UK’s leading insurers
- Tailor your quotes online with live price updates
- Buy your chosen health insurance online
- Get free advice from a health insurance specialist
Save money on your health insurance!
International Private Medical Insurance
It is always important to ensure that you are covered in case of a medical emergency while travelling or living abroad. If you are travelling or living abroad, it is often the case that there are inadequate medical facilities (in the case of a less economically developed country), the treatment you require is not provided, or you do not qualify for public healthcare.
It is wise to conduct thorough research into the country where you wish to stay in order to ascertain what the medical services are like and what the facilities are likely to offer. It may be that you are planning to travel into remote and dangerous locations, in which case international private medical insurance will serve as an advantage for you if you have a life threatening accident or become critically ill.
There are many companies from which to choose from and to get the best offer and value for your money, it is advisable to use the tables below to look into a range of companies who may provide medical insurance quotes.
You may wish to purchase an international private medical insurance plan that meets your personal needs and ensures your safety while you are abroad. It is certainly advisable to purchase a medical insurance plan prior to leaving the United Kingdom.
A private medical insurance quote usually includes coverage on the following services if they are available in your country of residence or travel:
- Surgeon and physician consultation fees, including diagnosis and physiotherapy
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Computerised tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET)
- Prescriptions and dressings
- Vaccinations given by a medical professional or medical practitioner
- Dental care (if applicable to a specific plan)
- Optical care (if applicable to a specific plan)
- Travel insurance (some international private medical insurance policies include travel insurance)
Your health should come first and to ensure this on your travels or your time spent abroad, you should purchase international private medical insurance which will usually guarantee the coverage for a range of medical problems which may arise while abroad.