Investment News Fair Investment Company Launches New ISA And Investment Account And SIPP 18471526
Fair Investment Company launches new ISA and Investment Account and SIPP
07 February 2011 / by Rachel Mason
• More than 3,000 investment opportunities
• Wide investment choice including ETFs, passive funds and managed portfolios
• High cash rates available in SIPP
• Low cost and easy to manage
A truly multi-asset service
Pensions, savings and investment specialist Fair Investment Company this week launches two new low cost, easy to manage multi-asset investment services offering access to thousands of investment opportunities: a Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) service for tax efficient pension investments, and an ISA and Investment Account for tax efficient ISAs and investments.
It’s all about choice
Both services are accessible via one platform, which offers access to more than 3,000 investment opportunities, including active and passive funds and interesting options like Exchange Traded Funds. The SIPP and the ISA and Investment Account have been designed to offer clients a service where they have real choice and real control of their investments, as George Ladds, head of pensions at the firm explains:
“Our services are designed for people who do not require financial advice, and we aim to offer our clients all the tools they need to take control of their own investments, savings and pensions; so we have launched these two new services in line with this.”
The varied investment choice available in the SIPP and the ISA and Investment Account also includes a Select 100 funds and seven ready-made portfolios, including income, cautious managed, balanced managed, growth, absolute return and ethical options. The Select 100 and the portfolios have been selected and researched by independent specialists Rayner Spencer Mills, and have been created for customers who do not wish to choose their own funds.
There is so much choice readily available within the SIPP because of its transparent charging structure, as George explains: “There is no set-up charge, no switching fee and we offer discounts of up to 100% on initial charges plus rebates on annual charges. Our AMC is 0.85%, and annual charges on assets like passive funds start at 0.15%, so the overall annual management charge can be as low as 1%.”
A real SIPP
The SIPP provides access to more than 3,000 assets in total, including leading cash rates, collective investments and more interesting investment opportunities such as emerging markets, passive investments and ETFs.
“Because all our charges are clear from the start, and we don’t charge any extra for our Select 100 funds or our ready-made portfolios, our service does not push clients into any particular type of asset – everything is given equal standing so customers really can make their own, informed choices.
“Having access to a wide range of low cost solutions such as passives and ETFs is unique within the market.” George says.
SIPP Cash rates of 2%
We believe the SIPP stands out from the rest because of its market leading cash rates: “Many cash savings accounts available in SIPPs pay rates of less than 1%, but with our SIPP you can get leading rate of 2% – and we are always working with providers to secure better deals,” says George.
All your tax efficient investments in one place
Because the SIPP, ISA and Investment Accounts are all on one platform, clients can see all their investments in one place, as Nick Scarrett, head of savings and investments explains:
“Whether clients are new to pension investing, or have several pension plans in place, our SIPP can help them make the best possible provision for their future. They can bring all of their existing pensions together and then start making the most of their pension investment strategy. Even clients with existing SIPPs can transfer into our SIPP service.
“Plus, our ISA and Investment Account can help investors make the most of their tax efficient allowance,” continued Nick. “There are thousands of investment options to choose from, including a wide choice of ISA opportunities, and for those who already have ISAs and other investments; this account allows consolidation of these existing ISAs and investments while protecting their tax efficiency.”
A good value service
Nick concludes: “We are really proud of our new services; they are good value, and, because of our personal service, they are more than just investment platforms. Our Investment Team is based in our Clifton offices in Bristol, and is available via phone and email to answer any questions that clients may have, while our editorial team work with in-house experts and external parties to bring clients investment ideas via our fortnightly e-newsletter, on the website and through our investment magazine Investment Direct.”