Landlord Home Insurance
The Smart Way To Get Landlord Cover
Compare Top UK Landlord Insurance Providers
Personalised quotes in 2 minutes!
Finding landlord insurance for your personal circumstances couldn’t be simpler.
Compare Landlord Home Insurance
If you’re a landlord, whether you have a large property portfolio or one buy to let, you may find that standard home insurance will not cover your rental property. You will need to take out a landlord’s home insurance policy to cover your investment. You can use the comparison table below to compare companies that may be able to offer you quotes for landlord insurance.
Whether you let residential properties, commercial or a mixture of the two, will affect what landlord’s home insurance is available to you. If you just let residential property, you may find a level of cover that provides building cover for your investment.
Landlord home insurance
The most basic type of residential landlord insurance normally available is buildings cover, which covers the building’s structure and permanent fixtures such as lights, bathtubs, etc. It will also potentially cover the cost of clearing the land and rebuilding the property if an insured event destroys the property.
If you rent out the property as fully or partially furnished, you may also consider taking out a landlord content insurance policy to protect the items you provide, such as sofas, carpets, and appliances, from accidental damage. Some policies may not include cover for theft or malicious damage caused by tenants or other parties.
It is possible to take out landlord insurance policies that provide both covers for the building and its content; some may offer other types of cover as standard.
One feature you may wish to consider is landlord liability cover; this policy will help to cover your legal costs if a tenant or visitor was injured and made a personal injury claim against you. in the event of you being found at fault, it may also cover the compensation awarded to the claimant as well as their legal costs.
Other features or optional extras on a residential landlord insurance policy may include:
- Loss of rent insurance – If an insured event means you cannot let out your property for a time, this policy may allow you to claim the loss of income you incur.
- Alternative housing – If an insured event leaves your property uninhabitable, this policy may cover the cost of providing your tenants with alternative accommodation due to the loss of use.
- Boiler cover – Boiler breakdowns can be costly and need to be resolved quickly as it is not acceptable to leave your tenants without hot water or heating; this type of cover may be able to help cover the costs of repairing the properties heating this cover may also provide your annual Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) which you need to get every 12 months by law.
- Emergency cover – some insured incidents require a quick response to make your property safe and secure; this cover can help you get an approved tradesperson to the property 24/7. Some policies may provide your tenants with an emergency contact number to send someone to the property.
If you rent out commercial properties such as shops or factories or mixed-use premises such as offices with flats, you will need to take out commercial landlord insurance. This insurance is normally more comprehensive than standard, and many providers allow you to place multiple buildings under the same policy. However, each policy provider is, of course, different. You can use the comparison table above to see where you might be able to get quotes for both commercial and residential landlord insurance.
Landlord Insurance Providers
- AA Landlord Insurance
- Aviva Landlord Insurance
- AXA Landlord Insurance
- Barclays Landlord Insurance
- Churchill Landlord Insurance
- CIS Landlord Insurance
- Direct Line Landlord Insurance
- Endsleigh Landlord Insurance
- Halifax Landlord Insurance
- HSBC Landlord Insurance
- John Lewis Landlord Insurance
- Legal & General Landlord Insurance
- LV= Landlord Insurance
- MORE TH>N Landlord Insurance
- Nationwide Landlord Insurance
- NatWest Landlord Insurance
- Norwich Union Landlord Insurance
- Sainsbury’s Landlord Insurance
- Simple Landlords Insurance
- Simply Business Landlord Insurance
- Smart Landlord Insurance
- Swinton Landlord Insurance
- Tesco Landlord Insurance
- Towergate Landlord Insurance
Landlord Insurance Popular Searches
- Discount Landlord Insurance
- Landlord Boiler Insurance
- Landlord Building Insurance
- Landlord Commercial Building Insurance
- Landlord Contents Insurance
- Landlord Emergency Cover
- Landlord Home Insurance
- Landlord Home Insurance Advice
- Landlord Homeowners Insurance
- Landlord House Insurance
- Landlord Insurance Accidental Damage Cover
- Landlord Insurance Companies
- Landlord Insurance Comparison Sites
- Landlord Insurance Cost
- Landlord Insurance Definition
- Landlord Insurance Excess
- Landlord Insurance for DSS Tenants
- Landlord Insurance for Empty Property
- Landlord Insurance for Flats
- Landlord Insurance for Holiday Rental
- Landlord Insurance for Kitchen Appliances
- Landlord Insurance for Malicious Damage
- Landlord Insurance for Multiple Properties
- Landlord Insurance for Non-UK Residents
- Landlord Insurance for Northern Ireland
- Landlord Insurance for Rental Property
- Landlord Insurance for Scotland
- Landlord Insurance for Student Letting
- Landlord Insurance for Students
- Landlord Insurance for Subletting
- Landlord Insurance for Tenant Damage
- Landlord Insurance for Unoccupied Property
- Landlord Insurance for Vacant Property
- Landlord Insurance in London
- Is Landlord Insurance a Legal Requirement?
- Landlord Insurance Online Quote
- Landlord Insurance Pay Monthly
- Landlord Insurance Price Comparison
- Landlord Insurance Quotes
- Landlord Legal Insurance
- Landlord Liability Insurance
- Landlord Rent Guarantee Insurance
- Landlord Rental Insurance
- Landlords Home Insurance
- Rental Property Insurance
- Residential Landlord Insurance
- Short Term Landlord Insurance
- UK Landlord Insurance
- What Does landlord Insurance Cover?
- Why You Need Landlord Insurance