Landlord Insurance Comparison Sites
There are a range of different types of landlord insurance available from a variety of providers and many mortgage lenders make it a requirement that landlords who have buy to let mortgages with them take out at least a basic level of landlord insurance. As such you might be looking for landlord insurance comparison sites to see what’s available to you. You can use the comparison table below to compare a selection of links where you can get quotes for different kinds of landlord insurance.
|Provider||Rental Protection||Multi Property Quotes||Public and Property Liability Cover||Special Features||Get Quotes|
Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||PRICE GUARANTEE - beat any renewal quote on like for like cover.* Find cheap landlord insurance - Fast online quotes - multi property insurance - loss of rent cover - all tenant types covered||Get Quotes >|
Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Save up to 35% on your Landlord insurance** - Cover for Professionals, Student Lets, DSS and many more - One property or portfolio our partners can help||Get Quotes >|
Direct Line Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Standard Cover Up to £2m||Direct Line Landlord Insurance with prices from £115 a year 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.||Get Quotes >|
Smart Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Compare the best prices and policies for landlords. Quick quotes with all risks and multi properties covered by our UK insurance providers.||Get Quotes >|
QuoteZone Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Fill in one form to compare landlord insurance deals from a range of providers and find the right one for you.||Get Quotes >|
|Yes||Cover Up to £2m||We cater for all types of Landlords Building Insurance. Multi-Quote's available, buy online now.||Get Quotes >|
Lloyds Bank Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Get quotes instantly and find the cover you need at a price that suits you. Immediate cover available. Arranged by Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who source products from a panel of insurers, ensuring you get the right cover at a competitive price.||Get Quotes >|
*New customers only. Minimum premiums apply. Proof of alternative quote may be required. Based on the same level of cover.
**Save up to 35% on your Landlord Insurance - Get a Quote Today »
Using a landlord insurance comparison site will allow you to look at quotes from different providers to see if you can find a plan suitable for your circumstances, as some insurers may not be able to provide tenancies for certain types of building or tenancy types.
There are a lot of quotes on the market, so being able to access some of the latest deals together on a landlord insurance comparison site could save you time and money. Before you apply, however, you should think about the type of cover you need and ask yourself these questions:
- Do I need buildings and contents cover?
- What is the estimated value of the property and its contents?
When trying to get a quote online you will need to fill in an e-form about your lettings so you may need to have some of the following information to hand:
- The address of the property, or addresses if looking for a multi property policy
- The property type e.g. terraced house, semi detached, block of flats
- Type of let e.g. professional or asylum
- The year the property was built
- Whether the property is residential, commercial or mixed
When looking for a policy you should find a level of cover that you are comfortable with, it may be worth increasing your premium to include optional extras to have a more comprehensive level of cover as such. You may find that when you compare different policies that different plans have different features as standard or optional extras.
Cover that you may see featured as standard with a policy or as an optional extra include:
- Liability cover – this policy type could help pay your legal costs and compensation to a claimant if a tenant or visitor made a legal claim against you for a reason such as personal injury
- Emergency cover – If there’s a gas leak or burst pipe, this type of insurance can help you get a skilled tradesperson to the property to make the property safe and secure around the clock. Some policies will give you an emergency helpline your tenants can call if such an event arises.
- Alternative housing cover – if an insured event rendered the property uninhabitable for a period of time this policy would pay for alternative housing for your tenants.