Landlord Insurance for Rental Property
Landlord insurance for rental property is an important consideration for anyone who lets property, whether it’s a flat or a warehouse or varied portfolio of properties having a level of insurance that suits your specific needs is a good idea. For this reason, there are a number of insurance companies that specialise in providing landlord insurance that is tailored to meet the needs of individual landlords To try and find the right landlord insurance for your rental assets, you can use the comparison table below to view a selection of links that will be able to provide you with landlord insurance quotes.
|Provider||Rental Protection||Multi Property Quotes||Public and Property Liability Cover||Special Features||Get Quotes|
Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||PRICE GUARANTEE - beat any renewal quote on like for like cover.* Find cheap landlord insurance - Fast online quotes - multi property insurance - loss of rent cover - all tenant types covered||Get Quotes >|
Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Save up to 35% on your Landlord insurance** - Cover for Professionals, Student Lets, DSS and many more - One property or portfolio our partners can help||Get Quotes >|
Direct Line Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Standard Cover Up to £2m||Direct Line Landlord Insurance with prices from £115 a year 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.||Get Quotes >|
Smart Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Compare the best prices and policies for landlords. Quick quotes with all risks and multi properties covered by our UK insurance providers.||Get Quotes >|
QuoteZone Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Fill in one form to compare landlord insurance deals from a range of providers and find the right one for you.||Get Quotes >|
|Yes||Cover Up to £2m||We cater for all types of Landlords Building Insurance. Multi-Quote's available, buy online now.||Get Quotes >|
Lloyds Bank Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Get quotes instantly and find the cover you need at a price that suits you. Immediate cover available. Arranged by Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who source products from a panel of insurers, ensuring you get the right cover at a competitive price.||Get Quotes >|
*New customers only. Minimum premiums apply. Proof of alternative quote may be required. Based on the same level of cover.
**Save up to 35% on your Landlord Insurance - Get a Quote Today »
Landlord insurance for rental property
Although policies will vary from one insurer to another, there are usually several basic elements that are commonly included as part of your landlord insurance for rental property. This can include:
- Contents Insurance – which provides cover for the contents of the property if you rent as fully or partially furnished covered items might include: appliances, furniture and carpets policies may vary on what you are protected against for example some may not provide cover for malicious damage or theft.
- Buildings Insurance – which will cover the cost of any damages or repairs to the property’s structure and permanent fixtures, it may also cover external buildings that belong to the property such as unattached garages.
- Liability Insurance – a liability policy will cover the cost of any legal fees and expenses that may need to be met. Such as if a tenant or visitor made a personal injury claim. If you were found to be at fault it may also meet the compensation award and legal costs of the claimant.
A number of optional extras may also be included as part of a policy, these extras however will usually increase the cost of the insurance quote, but should always be carefully considered. For example loss of rent cover, can help you recover the loss of income you would incur if an insured even meant you could not let out the property for a period of time.
There are a number of factors which may also increase the cost of landlord insurance for rental property, the following are some examples:
- The location of the property
- When the property was built
- The type of tenancy agreement
- Whether the property is a flat, cottage, detached house etc
In order to find the best possible insurance policy, it is always recommended to shop around as much as possible, as different insurers will offer highly competitive agreements to suit the needs of different property owners. Use our free, simple service to compare different quote providers.