Landlord Legal Insurance

Compare Landlord Legal Insurance

If you’re a landlord you may be looking for a landlord insurance policy that suits your specific circumstances, when it comes to landlord legal insurance you may find that some aspects are not covered by all policies or may be required to be purchased as optional extras. If you are looking for landlord legal insurance you might find it useful to look at the comparison tables below to see a selection of different landlord insurance plans with links.

Landlord Insurance Deals
ProviderRental ProtectionMulti Property QuotesPublic and Property Liability CoverSpecial FeaturesGet Quotes
YesyesGet QuotesPRICE GUARANTEE - beat any renewal quote on like for like cover.* Find cheap landlord insurance - Fast online quotes - multi property insurance - loss of rent cover - all tenant types coveredGet Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesSave up to 35% on your Landlord insurance** - Cover for Professionals, Student Lets, DSS and many more - One property or portfolio our partners can helpGet Quotes >
YesyesStandard Cover Up to £2m Direct Line Landlord Insurance with prices from £115 a year 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesCompare the best prices and policies for landlords. Quick quotes with all risks and multi properties covered by our UK insurance providers.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesFill in one form to compare landlord insurance deals from a range of providers and find the right one for you.Get Quotes >
YesyesCover Up to £2mWe cater for all types of Landlords Building Insurance. Multi-Quote's available, buy online now.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesGet quotes instantly and find the cover you need at a price that suits you. Immediate cover available. Arranged by Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who source products from a panel of insurers, ensuring you get the right cover at a competitive price.Get Quotes >

*New customers only. Minimum premiums apply. Proof of alternative quote may be required. Based on the same level of cover.

**Save up to 35% on your Landlord Insurance - Get a Quote Today »

Landlord liability insurance:

If a tenant or visitor to a property you let makes a legal claim against you, for a reason such as personal injury this type of policy may be able to cover any compensation costs you incur or pay for your own legal support.


Employer’s liability insurance:

If you have employees working on any of the properties you let out such as cleaners or maintenance people, this policy may be able to pay for compensation or your own legal support if they make a claim against you for a reason such as personal injury.


Legal expenses cover:

Occasionally there may be other legal costs a landlord may incur, legal expenses cover could help with these costs. A legal expenses policy might provide cover for things such as:

  • A breach by the tenant of any of their obligations held within a tenancy agreement
  • The pursuit of rent in arrears
  • Eviction of squatters
  • Cover for professional fees such as Tax, VAT, PAYE and NIC Investigations
  • Defence if prosecuted for a reason relating to the insured property for Gas and Safety, Furniture and Furnishings and Electrical Equipment Regulations.


When looking for landlord legal insurance you should shop around to compare the market and to try and find the policy that suits your circumstances best.


In addition to landlord legal insurance you may wish to consider other types of cover or potential optional extras such as:

  • Landlord’s building cover – This is usually the most minimal level of cover you can take out as a policy with an insurer, it is also a requirement to have at least this level of insurance with buy to let mortgages from many lenders.


  • Landlord contents cover –Provides cover for furniture, furnishings and appliances you provide if you let a property as furnished.


  • Rent guarantee insurance – this policy can cover you against a loss of income caused by an insured event that renders the property uninhabitable for a period of time.


  • Alternative housing cover – This cover can help with the costs of providing alternative housing for your tenants if your property is left uninhabitable as the result of an insured event.


  • Landlord emergency cover – Some incidents like gas leaks need a rapid response. This cover can help you to get an approved tradesperson to the property to make it safe and secure 24/7 365 days of the year.