Landlords Contents Insurance

The landlord of a property is not responsible for providing his/her tenants with contents insurance for their belongings. However, permanent fixtures will not be covered, and if the home came furnished or partly furnished it is up to the landlord to protect the items they bought and placed in the house.  These items may include carpets, curtains and furniture.

Get contents insurance quotes form the providers below to find the best landlords contents insurance for your needs:

Landlord Insurance Deals
ProviderRental ProtectionMulti Property QuotesPublic and Property Liability CoverSpecial FeaturesGet Quotes
YesyesGet QuotesPRICE GUARANTEE - beat any renewal quote on like for like cover.* Find cheap landlord insurance - Fast online quotes - multi property insurance - loss of rent cover - all tenant types coveredGet Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesSave up to 35% on your Landlord insurance** - Cover for Professionals, Student Lets, DSS and many more - One property or portfolio our partners can helpGet Quotes >
YesyesStandard Cover Up to £2m Direct Line Landlord Insurance with prices from £115 a year 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesCompare the best prices and policies for landlords. Quick quotes with all risks and multi properties covered by our UK insurance providers.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesFill in one form to compare landlord insurance deals from a range of providers and find the right one for you.Get Quotes >
YesyesCover Up to £2mWe cater for all types of Landlords Building Insurance. Multi-Quote's available, buy online now.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesGet quotes instantly and find the cover you need at a price that suits you. Immediate cover available. Arranged by Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who source products from a panel of insurers, ensuring you get the right cover at a competitive price.Get Quotes >

*New customers only. Minimum premiums apply. Proof of alternative quote may be required. Based on the same level of cover.

**Save up to 35% on your Landlord Insurance - Get a Quote Today »

It is always remembering that landlord’s contents insurance will usually come as an optional extra on a Landlord’s insurance policy. It may be beneficial to expand your search to include contents insurance quotes from more landlord orientated policies. 

Landlord’s contents insurance, as many other insurance policies, will usually cover for such issues as:

  • Fire damage
  • Damage from extreme weather conditions (floods/storms)
  • Malicious damage/vandalism
  • Theft
  • Subsidence

Many insurance companies will not offer landlords contents insurance without a buildings insurance policy, although there are some specialist insurers that do. Specialist insurance providers that deal only with insurance for landlords could be beneficial in tailoring a claim to suit your individual needs.

If you do decide to take out a landlord’s contents insurance policy, you should make a note of everything that is yours in the property and estimate how much each item costs. This will ensure that your items are protected should anything happen to them and that you do not have to pay large amounts of money to replace them.