Compare Medical Insurance Quotes
In conjunction with our service through Activequote you can:
- View more than 50 quotes online
- Compare the UK’s leading insurers
- Tailor your quotes online with live price updates
- Buy your chosen health insurance online
- Get free advice from a health insurance specialist
Save money on your health insurance!
Medical Insurance for Children
The health of their children is an important concern for parents, as is the potential cost of medical treatment and care if they should become injured.
The benefits of taking out medical insurance for children or for possibly including your children within your own medical insurance are that it put your mind at ease that you and your family are covered in the event of a sudden accident or illness. Taking out medical insurance can mean your children are:
- Subject to quicker diagnosis and appointments with specialists
- Given the chance of private care rather than NHS hospitals
- Given treatment with the latest technology
The companies listed in the table below are a good place to start for getting quotes for medical insurance for your children. It must be stressed that each children’s medical insurance policy is different so you should start off by asking yourself a number of preliminary questions:
- How much money are you willing to commit to obtaining medical insurance for your children
- Are you willing to pay more in premiums to not have to pay any money towards the cost of potential treatments (no excess)?
- What is the extent of the cover that you want? Do you want it to include things like having X rays, seeing specialists, outpatient activities and any therapy that is needed?
- Do you want to choose which hospitals you receive care in?
Most private medical insurance policies will not cover long term illnesses or conditions because this is exactly what the NHS receives a large percentage of its funding to do, and for private insurers to provide this kind of care would push up the cost of premiums for everyone.
You can either use comparison sites to compare different medical insurance quotes or do it the slightly longer way, but it is vital that you do a little shopping around before you commit to a policy.