Motorcycle Breakdown Cover
Compare motorcycle breakdown cover
Motorcycle breakdown cover offers the peace of mind of knowing that help is at hand if you have a bike breakdown. See below for latest deals:
|Provider||Online Discount||Cover Features||Special Offers|
Green Flag Motorbike Breakdown Cover »
|Up to 40%||Cover from just £20. |
NEW misfuelling cover - Green Flag will come to your aid if you accidentally put the wrong fuel in your vehicle
50% Off Your AA or RAC Renewal - 24/7 assistance, 365 days a year. Plus unlimited callouts to breakdowns.
|Get Quotes >|
RAC Motorbike Breakdown Cover »
|Up to 40%|
Motorbike Cover from just £27.99.
|Receive up to £100 of Amazon gift cards when you take out selected Personal Based breakdown cover this winter. Please refer to the RAC website for full terms and conditions.||Get Quotes >|
AA Motorbike Breakdown Cover »
|n/a||Motorbike Cover from just £28. Get 24 hour roadside recovery assistance.|
Free At Home cover when you add National Recovery to personal cover and pay annually Discount depends added. T&C;'s apply**
|Get Quotes >|
**New customers buying AA Breakdown Cover with National Recovery and paying on an annual basis can add At Home for no additional charge. Vehicle cover is excluded. This introductory offer applies to the first year of your membership only. We'll use your payment details to renew your At Home cover after 12 months. You'll receive a renewal invitation beforehand, so you'll have plenty of time to change or cancel your cover. The offer is not available to customers arriving from 'cashback' websites including Quidco, Top Cashback, Asperity and Greasy Palm. There is no cash alternative to this offer and the AA reserves the right to withdraw or alter this promotion without prior notice at any time.
Motorcycle breakdown cover:
While you are out on your bike, it is good to know that if it were to sustain a mechanical fault you have a policy in place to get someone to fix, or recover it for you so you are not stranded by the roadside. A standard car breakdown policy may not offer you cover as such you may need specialist motorcycle breakdown cover.
Levels of motorcycle breakdown cover
As with car policies it is possible to purchase motorbike breakdown cover at different levels with many providers:
- Roadside Assistance: usually the cheapest level of breakdown cover for motorbikes, it will provide yo with cover for mechanical failures that occur a certain distance from your home address. This will include sending out a mechanic to try and fix the vehicle at the roadside and if it cannot be fixed there and then, you and your motorbike will be taken to the nearest garage.
- National Recovery: Usually gives you the same features as roadside assistance. But if the bike cannot be repaired at the roadside you get given the option of being recovered to a location anywhere in the UK of your choice.
- Home Assist: Roadside assistance packages usually stipulate that you are not offered for breakdowns that occur with a set distance on your home, varies by provider buy offer a quarter of a mile or one mile, or if your bike simply won’t start when trying to leave your registered home address. As such to be covered for these incidents you would need a home assist package on your policy.
- Onward travel: Onward travel cover varies considerably by provider but can provide you with further options if your vehicle cannot be fixed at the roadside, this could include your provider offering you alternative transport or overnight accommodation at a nearby hotel or bed and breakfast.
- European cover: If you take your motorcycle elsewhere in Europe than the United Kingdom then you may wish to purchase a policy that offers you cover for motorcycle breakdowns in Europe. You may be able to purchase this on a standard UK motorbike breakdown cover policy or as a standalone product.
Types of motorcycle breakdown insurance:
Motorcycle breakdown cover can be broken down into a few different categories. There is personal cover, which insures the policy holder for breakdowns on any motorcycle, and there is also vehicle cover which insures a motorbike for breakdowns no matter who the rider is. Personal cover tends to be more expensive than motorbike vehicle cover.
Some breakdown cover providers do offer personal cover that includes both cars and motorbikes within the same policy. However you should thoroughly read the policy to ensure this is the case before you take out the policy if this is the kind of cover you want.