Multi-Car Breakdown Cover
Compare multi-car breakdown cover
If you have multiple vehicles, or are looking to cover all of a household’s cars under one breakdown policy, you might be wondering what multi-car breakdown cover is available. You can check the table below to see a selection of providers and click the links to get quotes:
|Provider||Online Discount||Cover Features||Special Offers|
2Gether Multi Car Breakdown Cover »
|n/a||Multi Car Discount Up To 15%. |
Prices start from £17.50
Economy cover - 4 call outs per policy term. Up to 1 hour roadside assistance. Recovery to local garage within 25 mile radius.
|Multi Car Discount up to 15%||Get Quotes >|
***Offer is only available to new members of GEM breakdown cover and applies for the first year of membership only. Not available to members amending or renewing an existing policy. Not available to members whose policy has lapsed within the last 4 months. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. GEM Motoring Assist reserves the right to cancel any policies if we discover or suspect the terms of the offer are being abused. GEM Motoring Assist reserves the right to alter, extend or withdraw this offer at any time. Offer valid until 31st March 2016.
Multi-car breakdown cover
Mult-car breakdown cover is available from a selection of providers. You may be presented with the option of taking out vehicle cover or personal cover:
- Vehicle Cover: With a vehicle breakdown cover policy, a nominated vehicle gets covered for breakdowns no matter who is driving it when one occurs. Many providers let you take out cover for multiple vehicles under the same policy for additional fees.
- Personal cover: With personal cover the policy holder gets breakdown cover in all privately registered cars, so whatever car you are driving if it breaks down your cover will be in effect, some policies still provide cover for vehicles you are a passenger of. Some providers allow you to take out personal cover for up to five individuals under the same policy, provided you all live at the same address.
Multi-car breakdown cover levels
When looking into multi-car breakdown insurance you will find some providers allow you to purchase insurance at different levels of coverage so you can tailor how comprehensive your policy is to your specific needs. These levels can vary in name and features between providers but may include:
- Roadside assist – Usually the cheapest cover available from an insurer, this policy level usually includes the provision of a mobile mechanic who will attempt to fix your car at the roadside, and if they cannot do so then it will include a tow to a nearby garage. This policy level usually does not include cover for break downs that occur within a close proximity to your home address.
- Recovery – Generally grants you all of the features of the roadside assistance package, in addition to this cover if your vehicle cannot be fixed by the roadside you get the option of you and your vehicle as well as any passengers being to a single location of your choice, anywhere in the United Kingdom.
- Home Assistance –Roadside assistance policies often excludes cover for breakdowns that occur close to your registered address, usually either within a quarter of a mile or one mile depending on insurer, or incidences where your car won’t start when trying to leave your home, so to be covered for these possibilities a home assistance package would be needed.
- Onward Travel – this level of cover is designed to present the driver with alternatives to recovery, what is offered generally varies by provider but it could include being provided with a hire car for a limited amount of time, getting costs for alternative transport such as train fare or being put up in a nearby hotel for the night.