Multiple Occupancy Contents Insurance

If you're looking for multiple occupancy contents insurance, the tables below are a great tool to use to compare quotes and find the best deal for you. A landlord will not be responsible for your belongings, so it is important to protect them yourself if you are a tenant. However, if you are a landlord and the property comes furnished, then you will need to insure anything that you own. See below to get quotes and compare deals:

Compare Contents Insurance Quotes for Multiple Occupancy
Provided via:Total Number of InsurersContents InsuranceBuilding InsuranceLandlord & Tenant InsuranceGet Quotes
70+YesYesYesGet Quotes >
Compare - Latest Home Insurance Deals
ProviderBuildings Max Std CoverContents Max Std CoverFeatures:Get Quotes
Rebuild Cost£50,000

5 Star home insurance from just £99
10% of all customers buying home buildings and contents insurance with us from June 2017 to August 2017 paid £99 or less (Source: Aviva). The price you pay will depend upon individual circumstances, cover chosen and payment method selected.

Get Quotes >
£1 million£100,000

Over 50s Home Cover - Buildings and contents insurance from £141 a year – 51% of customers who paid annually and took out a new policy between May and July 2015 paid this or even less

Get Quotes >

Five star rated Platinum Home Insurance.
(Moneyfacts Home Insurance 2018). Choose from three levels of cover, covering some or all of: home emergency, boiler cover, family legal protection, accidental damage on both buildings and contents, personal possessions, bicycles, matching items, trace and access. Plus add optional extras. 24-hour Emergency Helpline

Get Quotes >

UK's number 1 rated home insurance provider. We compare policies from leading providers as well as our own to find you the right cover. Prices fixed for 2 years

Get Quotes >

Great value 'Defaqto' 5 Star rated cover. £1 million cover if you need to rebuild your home, choose up to £150,000 for your contents cover, 24-hour UK emergency helpline

Get Quotes >

5 Star Defaqto award-winning insurer.
Pay monthly at no extra cost (0% APR Representative). Low excess of just £45 (apart from escaping water and subsidence). No hidden admin fees. 'New for old' cover. Age UK Home Insurance is administered by Ageas Retail Limited and provided by a limited panel of insurers.

Get Quotes >

Get a quote today and you could save 15% when you buy online. (Discount includes introductory and web discount, first year premium only. Minimum Premiums apply)

Get Quotes >

Get quotes from over 65 trusted home insurance brands in minutes. 20% of consumers could achieve a saving of £158 with (based on independent research by Consumer Intelligence during 1 October to 31 October 2016)

Get Quotes >

*There is no total sum insured, but other limits apply including single article and total valuables limits.

** Up to 50% offer includes introductory 25% discount applied to annual home insurance premium and not to additional extras. £30 gift card applies when purchasing new combined cover.

***99% of people who had a buildings and contents quote during May 2012 received a discount of at least 15%.

♦ Not available to customers renewing their existing cover

 ****Discount applies when you buy buildings and contents together. 30% combined and 20% online discount deducted consecutively. Excludes optional covers. Minimum premiums apply. New customers only.

You may wish to consider multiple occupancy contents insurance if you are the owner or an occupier of any of the following:

  • Bedsits
  • Hostels
  • Some bed and breakfast homes
  • Halls of residence or residential staff accommodation
  • A home being converted into flats
  • Lodgings
  • Student house

Many insurers offer multiple occupancy contents insurance, but the premiums may be higher than usual. This is because items within shared properties are at a higher risk from being damaged, stolen or lost. For example, if you have five students in a property together, and they each have their friends round, damage becomes a greater risk in the eyes of the insurer.

However, some companies will offer a discount to a group who purchase contents insurance as a multiple occupancy policy together. One benefit of this is that you could place each person on the same policy which makes things a lot easier.

You may want to consider multiple occupancy contents insurance if you live with a number of people and you want to protect your belongings and theirs from damage, theft and loss.

There are many companies about that offer multiple occupancy contents insurance quotes, so search a wide range of companies to find the best policy for you using our free comaprison services.