Over 50s Contents Insurance

Although your premiums will depend on your individual circumstances, over 50s contents insurance is likely to be lower in price. Many contents insurance providers regard the over 50s age bracket as a low risk category, meaning they are less likely to make a claim, so they offer you cheaper premiums.

We can offer you a quick and compare different insurance quotes and find the right over 50s contents insurance for you - take a look at the tables below for the latest deals, or fill in one form to get personalised quotes.

Compare Home & Contents Insurance Quotes for Over 50s
Provided via:Total Number of InsurersContents InsuranceBuilding InsuranceLandlord & Tenant InsuranceGet Quotes
70+YesYesYesGet Quotes >
Compare Over 50s Home Insurance Deals
ProviderBuildings Max Std CoverContents Max Std CoverFeatures:Get Quotes
£1 million£100,000

Over 50s Home Cover - Buildings and contents insurance from £141 a year – 51% of customers who paid annually and took out a new policy between May and July 2015 paid this or even less

Get Quotes >
Rebuild Cost£50,000

5 Star home insurance from just £99
10% of all customers buying home buildings and contents insurance with us from June 2017 to August 2017 paid £99 or less (Source: Aviva). The price you pay will depend upon individual circumstances, cover chosen and payment method selected.

Get Quotes >

Get a quote today and you could save 15% when you buy online. (Discount includes introductory and web discount, first year premium only. Minimum Premiums apply)

Get Quotes >

Contents insurance is not a legal requirement but if you feel that you would not be able to replace your possessions should they be damaged, lost or stolen, then you may want to consider it. It helps to have the protection of contents insurance if you have a lot of sentimental possessions or items that are valuable.

Here are some tips for purchasing over 50s contents insurance that you may want to follow:

  • Make a list of each and every item you are looking to insure and give an estimation of what they will cost.
  • Think about which cover you would like. The majority of people take out an ‘old for new’ cover which allows them to replace their items with a new version should they become damages or stolen. You can also take out indemnity cover which will replace your damaged object at a reduced fee depending on the level of wear and tear it has.
  • Make sure that you do not underestimate the value of you items. Doing so could result in a deduction from your original claim.

If you are looking to take out an over 50s contents insurance policy, then there are many companies that can help. Different contents insurance quotes will vary slightly, so it is important to read the terms and conditions carefully.