Pre-Existing Condition Travel Insurance
Compare travel insurance for pre-existing conditions
For travellers with a pre-existing medical condition, travel insurance can be harder to find and premiums can be higher. A number of standard insurers offer pre-existing condition travel insurance for several common medical conditions. If you have a more complex medical issue to insure, there are some travel insurance providers who specialise in this type of cover, so you can still get the protection you need when you travel, whatever your age, health, and destination. Use the FREE comparison table below to compare pre existing condition travel insurance and get quotes:
|Provider||Online Discount||Medical Cover||Special Features|
Good to Go Travel Insurance
|n/a||up to £10 million||No Age Limits. Specialise in offering competitive travel cover for people with pre existing medical conditions and over 65s. Also cover travelling companions on the same policy.||Get Quotes >|
Staysure Over 50s Travel Insurance
|n/a||up to £10 million||Over 50s Travel Insurance Specialist - Experts in pre existing medical conditions - Best travel insurance Customer Service Awards 2013 (UK Broker Awards)||Get Quotes >|
What counts as a pre-existing medical condition?
In terms of buying travel insurance, a pre existing medical condition is one which was diagnosed before the policy was taken out – for example, a chronic illness. Some of the conditions that might require specialist insurance include:
- Heart conditions
- Mental health conditions
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
What does pre-existing medical condition travel insurance cover?
A good quality pre-existing medical condition policy should cover things like:
- Medical expenses if you get ill or injured abroad
- Repatriation if you are unable to travel on your pre-arranged transport
- Cancellation cover - you could claim back your hotel and transportation costs if you are forced to cancel your trip
- Cover for your luggage, personal possessions and money
- Most travel insurance policies offer a 24 hour helpline providing advice and support in an emergency
- Cover for emergency replacement of prescription medicines
- Cover for a replacement carer
- Protection for any mobility equipment you may be taking on holiday with you, such as wheelchairs
Compare and save on pre-existing medical condition travel insurance
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, travel insurance may be slightly harder to obtain and slightly more expensive. However, medical condition travel insurance is available, it just takes a little shopping around to find the best deal. Our free travel insurance comparison tables will help you find medical condition travel insurance quotes. You can:
- Compare different levels of cover
- Check out online discounts
- Apply online quickly and easily
Having a medical condition shouldn't stop you from travelling wherever you want. As long as you prepare for your trip properly and make sure you have adequate holiday medical insurance, you will minimise any potential problems, leaving you to enjoy your trip.
We make it easier to find pre-existing condition travel insurance that's right for you with our free comparison service – check out the table above to compare some of the pre-existing condition travel insurance deals on the market.