Prepaid Credit Cards
Advantages of prepaid credit cards include:
- No proof of income required
- No credit checks
- Quick online application
No credit checks – open to everyone with guaranteed acceptance. Help manage your money. Account comprises of a Billing Account for money in and to pay your bills from, plus the a Debit Mastercard® for your every day spending
- Online current account that is open to everybody
- Includes pre-paid Debit Mastercard®
- Cashback rewards of up to 8% at more than 35 major high street retailers when you shop using your pre-paid card
- No credit checks and no account opening fee
- Help for you to manage your money and set-up bill payments to help you get back on track. If you’d like our help, just ask
- Access your account online 24/7/365 using state-of-the-art online banking facility
- Manage card online
- UK call centre
- Must be 18 or older and be UK resident
- £12.50 monthly account fee
Prepaid Credit Cards
Prepaid credit cards allow you to take a greater degree of control over your finances. You can benefit from all the advantages of a credit card – without the worry of getting into debt.
A prepaid credit card uses money paid into the card in advance to make purchases, to help you avoid getting into debt. Some of the other features offered by pre-paid credit cards include:
- Manage your money – no risk of going into debt
- Top up your card online or in selected high street banks and shops
- Get your wages paid directly into your card account
- Shop online using your card
- Withdraw money from ATMs
Viabuy Prepaid Card – A clever alternative to a bank account
Keep your personal information secure and anonymously. The VIABUY Prepaid Mastercard card account is kept strictly separate from your main bank account and credit cards, so your personal data is protected against phishing and misuse, while you can use the VIABUY Mastercard for online payments or when you are traveling.
For a lot of our customers the VIABUY Prepaid Mastercard has not only become a great supplement to their existing credit card, more often it replaces their credit card and also offers a clever alternative to a bank account.
To compare some of the latest prepaid credit card deals, use the comparison table above:
What are my credit cards options if I have a bad credit record?
If your previous track record on credit is less than perfect getting a credit card may be a bit more challenging, but there are options for you depending on what you need.
Credit gets more expensive when your credit record indicates that in the past you may have had a few blips. Basically you will be seen as a higher risk when it comes to making repayments. The good news is that while there may be options for you.
- Credit repair credit cards – These cards whilst expensive get you back on the road to building up your credit profile. Card providers such as Vanquis will increase your credit limit once they have seen your credit usage after a 5 month period.
- Pre-paid cards – you can only spend what is loaded onto the card. If you have a recent default on a credit agreement (last 12 months) you can forget about a credit card. A prepaid card allows you to get your spending habits back on track. Once you demonstrate a year’s worth of responsible usage some card providers will forward that info onto credit agencies.