Rental Property Insurance

Whether you are a commercial or residential landlord or if you let out one property or many, having rental property insurance in place to protect your investment is a good idea. There is a range of insurance products available for landlords so it worth searching around to find a plan that suits your needs best. You can use the table below to compare a range of places where you will be able to get quotes on landlord insurance to help you decide.

Landlord Insurance Deals
ProviderRental ProtectionMulti Property QuotesPublic and Property Liability CoverSpecial FeaturesGet Quotes
YesyesGet QuotesPRICE GUARANTEE - beat any renewal quote on like for like cover.* Find cheap landlord insurance - Fast online quotes - multi property insurance - loss of rent cover - all tenant types coveredGet Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesSave up to 35% on your Landlord insurance** - Cover for Professionals, Student Lets, DSS and many more - One property or portfolio our partners can helpGet Quotes >
YesyesStandard Cover Up to £2m Direct Line Landlord Insurance with prices from £115 a year 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesCompare the best prices and policies for landlords. Quick quotes with all risks and multi properties covered by our UK insurance providers.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesFill in one form to compare landlord insurance deals from a range of providers and find the right one for you.Get Quotes >
YesyesCover Up to £2mWe cater for all types of Landlords Building Insurance. Multi-Quote's available, buy online now.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesGet quotes instantly and find the cover you need at a price that suits you. Immediate cover available. Arranged by Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who source products from a panel of insurers, ensuring you get the right cover at a competitive price.Get Quotes >

*New customers only. Minimum premiums apply. Proof of alternative quote may be required. Based on the same level of cover.

**Save up to 35% on your Landlord Insurance - Get a Quote Today »

Rental property insurance


The type of landlord insurance most appropriate for you will depend on whether you could be considered a commercial landlord or a residential one. Meaning to you mainly let out properties like houses and flats or commercial buildings like warehouses, offices or factories. Some commercial properties will let you have a mixed portfolio of both residential and commercial lets under the same multi-property policy.


You might find that due to the additional risks perceived to be involved that commercial landlord insurance is slightly more costly and more comprehensive as standard than a residential landlord’s insurance policy.


There are many providers of landlord insurance, and each policy can differ by what they feature as standard and what optional extras are available. When looking for rental property insurance you should think about what specific features you want from a policy to find the best policy for your requirements.


Rental property features and optional extras may include:


Buildings cover

This policy simply provides cover the buildings structure and permanent fixtures, exactly what events are covered against may vary by provider. If you have a mortgage on the property you let out you may find that certain mortgage lenders require you in your contract to have at least this level of landlord insurance on the property.


Contents cover

If you let properties as fully or partially furnished then having contents insurance in place will protect those items that you provide, excesses and exactly what items are covered will vary by insurer, some may require you to purchase optional extras to provide cover for some items.


Loss of rent cover

If an insured event means that you cannot let out the property for a period of time having loss of rent cover might be able to reimburse you the loss of income you incur as a result.


Vacant property cover

Properties that are unoccupied pose a higher risk to insurers, therefore some policies may only provide protection for a property that is vacant for short period of time. You may wish to therefore check what you are covered for when a property is vacant when you compare policies.


Liability cover

If a tenant or visitor of one of your properties was to make a personal injury claim, this cover could help cover your legal costs and if you were found to be at fault may pay the claimants compensation and legal costs.