Rental Property Insurance
The Smart Way To Get Landlord Cover
Compare Top UK Landlord Insurance Providers
Personalised quotes in 2 minutes!
Rental Property Insurance
Whether you are a commercial or residential landlord or if you let out one property or many, having rental property insurance in place to protect your investment is a good idea. There is a range of insurance products available for landlords, so it is worth searching around to find a plan that best suits your needs.
You can use the table to compare a range of places where you will be able to get quotes on landlord insurance to help you decide.
The type of landlord insurance most appropriate for you will depend on whether you could be considered a commercial landlord or a residential one. You mainly let out properties like houses and flats or commercial buildings like warehouses, offices or factories. Some commercial properties will let you have a mixed portfolio of both residential and commercial lets under the same multi-property policy.
Due to the additional risks perceived to be involved, commercial landlord insurance is slightly more costly and more comprehensive as standard than a residential landlord’s insurance policy.
There are many landlord insurance providers, and each policy can differ by what they feature as standard and what optional extras are available. When looking for rental property insurance, you should think about what specific features you want from a policy to find the best policy for your requirements.
Rental property features and optional extras may include:
This policy covers the building’s structure and permanent fixtures; exactly what events are covered may vary by provider. If you have a mortgage on the property you let out; you may find that certain mortgage lenders require you in your contract to have at least this level of landlord insurance on the property.
If you let properties as fully or partially furnished, then having contents insurance will protect those items you provide. Excesses and exactly what items are covered will vary by insurer; some may require you to purchase optional extras to provide cover for some items.
Loss of rent cover
If an insured event means that you cannot let out the property for a period of time, having a loss of rent cover might be able to reimburse you the loss of income you incur as a result.
Vacant property cover
Unoccupied properties pose a higher risk to insurers; therefore, some policies may only protect a vacant property for a short period of time. Therefore, you may wish to check what you are covered for when a property is vacant when you compare policies.
If a tenant or visitor of one of your properties was to make a personal injury claim, this cover could help cover your legal costs, and if you were found to be at fault may pay the claimants compensation and legal costs.
Landlord Insurance Providers
- AA Landlord Insurance
- Aviva Landlord Insurance
- AXA Landlord Insurance
- Barclays Landlord Insurance
- Churchill Landlord Insurance
- CIS Landlord Insurance
- Direct Line Landlord Insurance
- Endsleigh Landlord Insurance
- Halifax Landlord Insurance
- HSBC Landlord Insurance
- John Lewis Landlord Insurance
- Legal & General Landlord Insurance
- LV= Landlord Insurance
- MORE TH>N Landlord Insurance
- Nationwide Landlord Insurance
- NatWest Landlord Insurance
- Norwich Union Landlord Insurance
- Sainsbury’s Landlord Insurance
- Simple Landlords Insurance
- Simply Business Landlord Insurance
- Smart Landlord Insurance
- Swinton Landlord Insurance
- Tesco Landlord Insurance
- Towergate Landlord Insurance
Landlord Insurance Popular Searches
- Discount Landlord Insurance
- Landlord Boiler Insurance
- Landlord Building Insurance
- Landlord Commercial Building Insurance
- Landlord Contents Insurance
- Landlord Emergency Cover
- Landlord Home Insurance
- Landlord Home Insurance Advice
- Landlord Homeowners Insurance
- Landlord House Insurance
- Landlord Insurance Accidental Damage Cover
- Landlord Insurance Companies
- Landlord Insurance Comparison Sites
- Landlord Insurance Cost
- Landlord Insurance Definition
- Landlord Insurance Excess
- Landlord Insurance for DSS Tenants
- Landlord Insurance for Empty Property
- Landlord Insurance for Flats
- Landlord Insurance for Holiday Rental
- Landlord Insurance for Kitchen Appliances
- Landlord Insurance for Malicious Damage
- Landlord Insurance for Multiple Properties
- Landlord Insurance for Non-UK Residents
- Landlord Insurance for Northern Ireland
- Landlord Insurance for Rental Property
- Landlord Insurance for Scotland
- Landlord Insurance for Student Letting
- Landlord Insurance for Students
- Landlord Insurance for Subletting
- Landlord Insurance for Tenant Damage
- Landlord Insurance for Unoccupied Property
- Landlord Insurance for Vacant Property
- Landlord Insurance in London
- Is Landlord Insurance a Legal Requirement?
- Landlord Insurance Online Quote
- Landlord Insurance Pay Monthly
- Landlord Insurance Price Comparison
- Landlord Insurance Quotes
- Landlord Legal Insurance
- Landlord Liability Insurance
- Landlord Rent Guarantee Insurance
- Landlord Rental Insurance
- Landlords Home Insurance
- Rental Property Insurance
- Residential Landlord Insurance
- Short Term Landlord Insurance
- UK Landlord Insurance
- What Does landlord Insurance Cover?
- Why You Need Landlord Insurance