Residential Landlord Insurance

Compare residential landlord insurance

If you’re a landlord of residential properties you may find that standard home insurance does provide appropriate cover for your investments, therefore you should look into taking out proper residential landlord insurance, using the table below you can view a range of links where you will be able to get quotes for residential landlord insurance to see if you can find the best choice your specific requirements.

Landlord Insurance Deals
ProviderRental ProtectionMulti Property QuotesPublic and Property Liability CoverSpecial FeaturesGet Quotes
YesyesGet QuotesPRICE GUARANTEE - beat any renewal quote on like for like cover.* Find cheap landlord insurance - Fast online quotes - multi property insurance - loss of rent cover - all tenant types coveredGet Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesSave up to 35% on your Landlord insurance** - Cover for Professionals, Student Lets, DSS and many more - One property or portfolio our partners can helpGet Quotes >
YesyesStandard Cover Up to £2m Direct Line Landlord Insurance with prices from £115 a year 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesCompare the best prices and policies for landlords. Quick quotes with all risks and multi properties covered by our UK insurance providers.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesFill in one form to compare landlord insurance deals from a range of providers and find the right one for you.Get Quotes >
YesyesCover Up to £2mWe cater for all types of Landlords Building Insurance. Multi-Quote's available, buy online now.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesGet quotes instantly and find the cover you need at a price that suits you. Immediate cover available. Arranged by Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who source products from a panel of insurers, ensuring you get the right cover at a competitive price.Get Quotes >

*New customers only. Minimum premiums apply. Proof of alternative quote may be required. Based on the same level of cover.

**Save up to 35% on your Landlord Insurance - Get a Quote Today »

Residential landlord insurance


There are a wide range of options for residential landlords when it comes to insuring their properties. Although having residential landlord insurance is not currently a legal requirement, many providers of buy to let mortgages require their borrowers to take out at least a basic level of residential landlord insurance.


Features and optional extras you may see on residential landlord insurance policies:


Buildings cover

Buildings cover is usually the most basic type of landlord insurance available, similar to normal buildings insurance is provides cover for your let property’s structure such as the walls, roof, and permanent fixtures.  You’re policy should be large enough to cover the cost of clearing the land and rebuilding the property if it was destroyed by an insured event.


Contents cover

Contents cover will protect the items you provide in a property you let as furnished or partially furnished, exactly what is covered will of course vary by provider and some might have additional costs for insuring some items however things which may be covered include: Sofas, carpets, TVs and white good such as fridges and washing machines.  Some types of cover might be under a ‘New for old’ policies while others might offer indemnity coverage.


Landlord liability cover

If a tenant or visitor of your property was to make a personal injury claim against you this policy could cover the legal costs you incur, if you were found to be at fault it could also pay the legal costs and compensation payment to the claimant.


Employer’s liability cover

If you’re a landlord who has employees working on your properties such as cleaners or maintenance workers then you may want to consider employer’s liability cover as a normal liability policy for landlords may not include employees.


Emergency cover

Some unexpected events like gas leaks or pipes bursting need a quick response to make your property safe and secure for your tenants. Having landlord’s emergency cover in place can help you get an expert to the property to try and resolve the issue. Some policies will provide you and your tenants with an emergency contact number that can be used twenty four hours a day which will be able to send an approved tradesperson to your property.