Second Home Contents Insurance

Compare Quotes for Contents Insurance for Second Homes

Many more people are investing in a second property, and you will need to make sure it is protected with second home contents insurance. It is important to consider purchasing contents insurance for your second home because you may need to cover your possessions should they become damaged, lost or stolen.

Most of the time, a standard home insurance policy will not be suitable for your second home or holiday home. It is important to make sure you have the appropriate policy, as not doing so could cost you a lot of money. To guarantee you get the right policy, you should use the tables below to get quotes.

Second Home Insurance Deals
ProviderBuildings Max Std CoverContents Max Std CoverFeatures:Get Quotes
£1,000,000Quote RequiredUp to a 40% risk related discountGet Quotes >
Second home covered whether occupied or unoccupied - Second home covered if let short term to holiday makers - Loss of rent included following a claim - Wider cover than a standard buildings and contents policies
Quote RequiredQuote RequiredUp to 35% No Claims DiscountGet Quotes >
Should your circumstances change then the majority of UK Insurance policies can be converted to standard home insurance at a reduced cost

If you are looking to take out second home contents insurance, you may want to contact a specialist insurance provider who can tailor the policy to your individual needs. Most companies will ask questions such as:

  • What is the purpose of the second home? (e.g. holiday home)
  • How often will the property be unoccupied?
  • Will you be renting the property to tenants or guests?


To avoid high premiums there are a few things you could do when taking out a second home contents insurance policy:

  • Make sure your second home is fitted with security alarms and that there is adequate protection on the doors and windows.
  • Read the policy carefully and make sure that you are happy with the level of cover offered.

You could save money by combining your second home’s buildings and contents insurance or by taking out your second home and main home insurance with the same provider.