Standard Life Annuities
Get up to 40% More Annuity Income
Standard Life are one of the largest financial institutions in the UK and in addition has offices in Canada, Hong Kong, Europe and North America, offering a wide range of banking, insurance, healthcare, investment and annuity solutions for its investors. Standard Life began life in 1825 and is now listed on the London Stock Exchange. As of July 2013, the company looked after over £2.32 billion in assets on behalf of around six million customers.
Standard Life annuities include options such as:
- Compulsory purchase annuity
- Impaired life annuity
Other Standard Life retirement products include:
- Income drawdown
- Immediate vesting personal pension
- Immediate vesting personal pension select
Once you have bought an annuity it cannot be changed. It’s therefore important to understand the different annuity options to help you choose what’s right for you. For example:
- Do you want your pension income to be passed onto your dependants after your death?
- Do you want a fixed income for life, or one that changes over time to reflect ongoing changes in the cost of living?
- Do you have any existing health problems or lifestyle factors which could mean that you qualify for extra income from an enhanced annuity?
To help you get the best possible annuity, you need to consider your financial needs both now and in the future. You don’t need a Standard Life pension to purchase an annuity from the company - you are legally entitled to use your pension money to buy an annuity from any provider you wish (known as the open market option). By shopping around for the best deal, you may be able to improve your retirement income over the long term.
Thinking of buying a Standard Life annuity from your pension fund?
The Fair Investment Annuity Service provides can help with:
- Up to 40% more annuity income (depending on your pension provider).
- Information on different types of annuity arrangements.
- Assessment of your circumstances to find the most suitable type of annuity for you - or to find out whether there are any other options more suited to you.
- Information on lifestyle annuities – such as enhanced annuities and impaired life annuities.
- Comparison of Standard Life annuity rates to ensure that you maximise your annuity income.
- Explaination the options available to you and ensuring that you fully understand them.
- Help with the relevant paperwork to ensure that you annuity is processed smoothly.
To compare Standard Life annuity quotes with a wide range of annuity options and find the one that’s right for you, use the comparison tables below:
|Provider||Annuity Quotes||Annuity Service||Special Features||Get Quotes|
Standard Life Annuity Quotes
|Yes||Comparison of Standard Life Annuities with other leading UK annuity providers. Enhanced annuities available if you have a medical condition. Enhanced rates available for smokers.||Up to 40% more income subject to status||Get Quotes >|
|Provider||Annual Income||Payment Terms||Purchase Amount||Get Quotes|
via Fair Investment
|£5,138||Annual income for life||£100,000||More Info >|
|£5,134||Annual income for life||£100,000||More Info >|
|£4,962||Annual income for life||£100,000||More Info >|
|£4,705||Annual income for life||£100,000||More Info >|
Quotes based on man and a woman aged 65, £100,000.00 purchase amount, conventional, level escalation, nil guaranteed period, paid in arrears without proportion, spouse/partner annuity of 66% payable on first death without overlap. Annuity rates correct as at 07/06/2013.
Important Risk Information:
This website contains information only and does not constitute advice or a personal recommendation in any way whatsoever. The value of investments and income from them can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the full amount invested. The tax efficiency of ISAs is based on current tax law and there is no guarantee that tax rules will stay the same in the future.
Different types of investment carry different levels of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you read the Important Risk Information for further details. Prior to making any decision to invest, you should ensure that you are familiar with the risks associated with a particular investment and should read the product literature. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of a particular investment, both in respect of its objectives and its risk profile, you should seek independent financial advice.