Specialist Subsidence Home Insurance Quotes
Subsidence, by definition is the caving in or sinking of an area of land. It can be extremely detrimental to your property should the ground underneath it be affected. Subsidence can cause a lot of damage to the structure of a property, which can be very expensive to repair.
Finding subsidence insurance can be a real struggle if your home has already been affected. Insurers tend not to like the idea of insuring a property with a history of subsidence due to the higher likelihood of a claim being made. For home owners with subsidence issues, insurance renewals could see a large raise in premiums.
Even if you do not currently have a problem with subsidence, you may still want to consider applying for home insurance with subsidence damage cover. If the worst should happen, you do not want to be left unprotected and with a large bill to pay.
The comparison table below is an easy way to get home insurance quotes from a variety of providers today.
|Insurance Broker||Specialist Insurance||Get Quotes|
Subsidence Insurance Quotes
|Get quotes from one of the UK's specialist subsidence insurance providers who can deal with any form of structural movement. They understand what you been through, the remedial work and will not simply load the premium because of your history - the repair works and how they will protect you in the future will be taken into account.||More Info >|
There are a number of signs to look out for when checking for subsidence:
- Cracks in the plasterwork (new or expanding)
- Cracks in the bricks (new or expanding)
- Windows and doors begin sticking for no reason
- Ripples in wallpaper as a result of damp
If you believe your property is suffering from subsidence there are a few things you can do to repair damages, or at least bring the cost of subsidence insurance down:
- Underpinning the foundations of your property will prevent any further sinking or caving in. It does however, take a long time and can be very expensive.
- There are many cases where the roots of trees under a property are absorbing all of the moisture out of the soil. The removal of these trees and their roots will stop this from being a problem.
- Underground pipelines can wash away the soil if they are burst of leaking. Repairing the pipe work can prevent any further damages.
Subsidence insurance is not impossible to find and is offered by a wide range of providers, so take some time to browse a few different home insurance quotes.