Compare Top UK Taxi Insurance Quotes
Compare Taxi Insurance Quotes
Whether you have been driving a taxi for a long time or are just starting out, you will know that one of the most important things with any business is keeping your costs and premiums low. Because of this finding the best insurance policy for you is vital.
Before you take out a policy
There is quite a wide range of variety when it comes to taxi insurance but it’s important to consider when deciding what is best for you. apart from whether you are a public hire or private hire taxi driver you will also need to decide on when picking your insurance exactly what sort of policy you want
Policy only – This is likely to be the cheapest form of cover, however it is also usually the most basic so you should check whether this policy is appropriate for you first.
Named driver – This policy usually covers one sole driver to one specific vehicle.
All-driver – This type of insurance covers all drivers over a certain age to drive the vehicle, typically 25 years and over.
Finding the best taxi insurance quotes can help to keep the cost down of running your business. Compare taxi insurance quotes from top UK insurers.
Think about what you would like included in your policy such as:
- Flexible payment options
- Specialist insurance options to suit you, whether you own a fleet or just one vehicle
- Taxi breakdown cover and 24 hour taxi accident recovery services
- Medical expenses for injury caused in an accident
- Public Liability Insurance – essential protection as you are providing a service to members of the public
- Legal expenses cover – If you get into an accident in your taxi and it’s not your fault, you will want to claim back your excess and other costs, for example vehicle hire, from the negligent driver. Most importantly, the recovery of these costs will maintain your no-claims bonus.
- Vehicle Replacement service – some providers may offer new for old cover on taxis less than 12 months old
- Cover for items carried in the taxi
- Unlimited passenger liability cover to make sure that everyone is protected if your taxi becomes involved in an accident.
- Short or long-term policies to suit your needs
- Taxi windscreen repair or replacement