Temp Car Insurance
You may wish to purchase temp car insurance if you are borrowing a car or you wish to insure someone to drive your car. Most temp car insurance policies across the board will last for around 1-28 days, so if you are looking for instant cover over a short period of time this could benefit you.
Some of the advantages of buying temporary car insurance:
- It will not usually affect your no claims bonus.
- Cover is instant and flexible to your needs.
- You can choose the length of time you wish to insure for (between 1-28 days.)
- You can buy temporary car insurance that covers you across the EU should you plan to go abroad.
The companies listed below will be willing to offer you competitive temporary car insurance quotes.
|Provider||Cover Term||Minimum and Maximum Age||Special Features||Get Quotes|
|1 - 28 days||18 - 75||Instant Car and Van Cover including motorhomes. Cover for Learner Drivers. Insurance documents immediately issued.||Get Quotes >|
|1 - 28 days||19 - 75||Instant Car and Van Cover. Cover for Learner Drivers. Cover for vehicle hire and test drives. Insure someone else on your car. Insurance documents immediately issued.||Get Quotes >|
It is important to remember when looking at car insurance quotes, that there are likely to be some restrictions when taking out a temporary insurance policy:
- A driver’s history may play an important part in whether they are eligible for short term car insurance. If you have a certain amount of points on your licence or you have made previous claims this may affect your application.
- Many insurance providers will not offer temporary car insurance to drivers under 21 and in some cases under 25. Young drivers are considered a higher risk from road accidents and are therefore likely to make a claim.
- You may find that some temp policies have exclusions and limitations. You may not be covered for certain things.
If you decide to take out temporary car insurance, remember to read the policy closely and determine the extent of your cover.
Leaving yourself under-insured could result in you having to make a large payment further on down the line, which rather defeats the point of having taken out insurance in the first place.