Instant cover for car, van and a range of other vehicles. Cost-effective and flexible options, we’re confident you can find a policy to suit your needs. Getting a customised quote takes a couple of minutes and you can be covered instantly.
Temporary Motor Insurance
If you are looking to insure your vehicle for less than the standard annual cover, you may want to consider a temporary motor insurance policy. The majority of policies will offer you short term insurance for 1-28 days and some will extend this to 1-8 months.
Firstly, you may want to consider the type of cover you are looking for. You are legally required to purchase at least the minimum amount of cover, which is third party. The maximum amount of cover for temporary motor insurance you can buy is fully comprehensive. Bear in mind that third party will not cover you extensively.
There are a whole host of companies that can offer you car insurance quotes for temporary policies. We have listed a few below, and also have a range of reviews to help you find the right deal for you.
- Partnered with the best brands
- Comparative quotes
- Available in just a few moments
- Award winning UK call centre
- Cover can begin immediately
- Preventing loss of existing No Claims Bonus
- Multi award winning business
- Must be 17 and older and have been a UK resident for a minimum of 12 months
- Get the practice you need whenever you want
- Protects the vehicle owners No Claims Discount
- All temporary learner driver policies from Tempcover come with comprehensive cover as standard
- Must be 17 and older and have been a UK resident for a minimum of 12 months. To get a quote you’ll need:
- Any driver is allowed to supervise as long as they are over 21 and have held a full UK driving licence for at least three years (as long as they do not have a DR coded conviction within the last 5 years).
- Learner Driver can get as much extra practice as they like
- If it’s someone else’s car you are using, this independent policy removes the risk of any negative effect to their own policy – like losing their No Claims Bonus discount
- A more cost effective way to practice in addition to your driving lessons
- Flexibility to arrange instant cover when you need some extra driving practice from just 1 day
- Comprehensive cover on the vehicle whilst the learner is driving
- Accompanying driver must be a Full Licence holder, must be between 25-72 years of age, and must have held a Full UK, EEA or E Driving Licence for a minimum of 3 years
- Online Comprehensive Cover
- Insure someone else on your car
- Online Quote in Seconds
- Print Certificate & Drive
- Drivers aged 19-75
- Full UK, EU, EEA or Commonwealth licence 1yr+
- No more than 6 penalty points
- No more than 2 claims
- Not been disqualified
- Right-hand-drive vehicles only
- Market Value over £1500 and under £45000
- No Modified Vehicles
Temporary Motor Insurance
The second thing to take into account is the costs. You will need to pay the premiums and also the excess. Your premiums will be higher if you are a young driver due to the high risk of 17-25 year old being involved in car accidents. You should also expect high premiums if you have penalty points on your licence or you have made a claim of your insurance. In some cases, temporary motor insurance will not be available to younger drivers and drivers with convictions and claims.
Some companies offer a pay as you go cover, which is designed to suit those who do not drive often. Insurers use tracker to determine the amount of mileage you use per day and your premiums are calculated through this. If you are looking for cover because you do not drive regularly and you want it for more than a month, then you may want to consider this an option.
It is worth searching the market for the best motor insurance quotes as comparing an array of prices could save you money.