What does landlord insurance cover?
Compare landlord insurance
Whether you are a commercial or residential landlord having the right level of insurance cover can help protect you from various accidents, however exactly what does landlord insurance cover? Due to the varied nature of being a landlord there is a diverse range of coverage available to suit a variety of needs. If you are interested in taking out landlord insurance you can use the comparison tables below to compare landlord’s insurance from a variety of different providers
|Provider||Rental Protection||Multi Property Quotes||Public and Property Liability Cover||Special Features||Get Quotes|
Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||PRICE GUARANTEE - beat any renewal quote on like for like cover.* Find cheap landlord insurance - Fast online quotes - multi property insurance - loss of rent cover - all tenant types covered||Get Quotes >|
Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Save up to 35% on your Landlord insurance** - Cover for Professionals, Student Lets, DSS and many more - One property or portfolio our partners can help||Get Quotes >|
Direct Line Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Standard Cover Up to £2m||Direct Line Landlord Insurance with prices from £115 a year 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.||Get Quotes >|
Smart Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Compare the best prices and policies for landlords. Quick quotes with all risks and multi properties covered by our UK insurance providers.||Get Quotes >|
QuoteZone Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Fill in one form to compare landlord insurance deals from a range of providers and find the right one for you.||Get Quotes >|
|Yes||Cover Up to £2m||We cater for all types of Landlords Building Insurance. Multi-Quote's available, buy online now.||Get Quotes >|
Lloyds Bank Landlord Insurance Quotes »
|Yes||Get Quotes||Get quotes instantly and find the cover you need at a price that suits you. Immediate cover available. Arranged by Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who source products from a panel of insurers, ensuring you get the right cover at a competitive price.||Get Quotes >|
*New customers only. Minimum premiums apply. Proof of alternative quote may be required. Based on the same level of cover.
**Save up to 35% on your Landlord Insurance - Get a Quote Today »
If you are a residential landlord then you may want to consider insurance with cover such as:
- Landlord building cover - insurance which will cover the cost of repairs or rebuilding work to the physical structure of the property much as you would expect with normal building’s insurance. If you have a buy to let mortgage its terms and conditions may stipulate that you have to put landlord building insurance in place.
- Landlord contents cover – Similar to contents insurance you may have in your own home it provides cover for items of furniture, furnishings and appliances that you provide in a furnished letting, it does not provide cover for items provided by your tenants.
- Landlord liability insurance - provides liability cover, meaning that if makes a claim legal claim such as due to a personal injury in your property you may be covered for the compensation claim.
- Employers liability insurance -In addition to landlord liability insurance, if you have employees working on your rental properties like cleaners or maintenance technicians then you may also want to consider employers liability insurance.
- Alternative housing cover - If an insured event happens that leaves your property uninhabitable for a period of time. This cover can pay for alternative housing for your tenants.
- Loss of rent insurance – If an insured event occurs that renders the property uninhabitable for a period of time this cover may be able to reimburse the loss of rent you incur as a result.
- Landlord Emergency cover - This will cover the cost of emergency repairs following incidents that need to be addressed as soon as possible like a burst pipe or gas leak. This type of insurance can help you get a qualified tradesman to the property at any time any day of the year.
When looking into residential landlord insurance insurers may have special types for specific building or tenant types, so shopping around to find the best level of coverage for your specific circumstances are important. Some may also offer policies that allow you to insure multiple properties.
If you let out a shop, warehouse, office or other commercial property you may find that you need commercial landlord insurance instead as a residential policy may not cover it.