AA roadside recovery
AA roadside recovery breakdown cover has a range of options, so you can tailor your policy to fit your needs. Depending on which option you select some features could include:
- 24 hour roadside recovery assistance with 98 out of 10 cars fixed by the roadside
- The AA come to someone’s aid every 9 seconds
- Over than 1,000 more dedicated breakdown response vehicles than any other provider in the UK
- Home Start cover – get your vehicle moving if it breaks down at your home
- Track your AA patrol with a breakdown app
- AA membership card holders can get discounts in a selection of shops, bars, restaurants and service stations
- Onward Travel – If you're away from home, AA breakdown cover will provide a replacement car for up to 48 hours, overnight accommodation, or onward travel if a local repair isn't possible.
- Mud and snow recovery
- Up to £5 worth of free parts for roadside repairs
Things to think about when looking at breakdown cover:
Even if you are confident your car would not breakdown due to a mechanical issue, other issues could stop you carrying on your journey, for example if you broke your key or if you put the wrong fuel in your car you would have to drain the tank before continuing. Some breakdown services will offer you aid in situations such as these.
Each provider is of course different, however in general breakdown cover can be bought at different levels of comprehensiveness:
- Roadside assistance: Usually the cheapest cover available from a provider, it often means you will get a certain period of free labour at the roadside to try and repair your vehicle, if it cannot be fixed you will be towed to a nearby garage.
- Home Assistance: Many basic roadside assistance polices do not include as standard cover for your car not starting when leaving your home or for breakdowns that occur within a close proximity to your registered address, often within a quarter of a mile to a mile. If you want to be covered for these possibilities you will need a home assistance package.
- Onward Travel: Onward travel varies by provider but in essence means that if your car cannot be repaired the breakdown insurer will assist you in carrying on your journey, this could mean paying for a hire car or putting you up in nearby accommodation while vehicle repairs are made.