Over 65s Travel Insurance
Compare Over 65s Travel Insurance Deals
Retirement can offer the chance to expand your horizons by visiting all those far-flung places you’ve dreamed of – but unfortunately, travel insurance does get more expensive once you’re over the age of 65. However, our FREE table allows you to compare leading offers from specialist over 65s travel insurance providers using our quick and easy travel insurance comparison service.
What to look for when comparing over 65s travel insurance
Points to bear in mind when choosing over 65s travel insurance include:
- Online discounts and special offers
- The level of medical expenses covered
- Whether you will be covered for scheduled airline failure
Finding the best over 65s travel insurance rates
Over 65s travel insurance tends to be a bit more expensive than regular travel insurance due to increased risk, similar to pre-existing medical condition travel insurance. However, over 65s travel insurance is relatively easy to find, and some insurers provide cover specifically for the over 65s – in fact, some travel insurance providers have no upper age limit at all, so you can continue travelling long into your retirement. Our free comparison table above allows you to find the best over 65s travel insurance deals. Compare the policies on offer or click on the links for a more detailed comparison and to find out more
Features of over 65s travel insurance
Depending on which travel insurance provider you choose, over 65s travel insurance could include some of the following benefits:
- Scheduled Airline Failure as standard
- 24 hour medical emergency helpline
- Medical expenses
- Cancellation cover
- Golf equipment cover
- Personal belongings cover
- Passport replacement service – get instant assistance if your passport is lost or stolen while you are on holiday
- Children and Grandchildren under the age of 18 can be insured for free when travelling with an adult aged over 21, who is named on the travel insurance policy
- Winter sports cover – get the right cover for you if you plan on going skiing or snowboarding during your trip. This may include hired ski equipment cover, avalanche cover and piste closure.
- Cover for cancellation of paid excursions during your trip
- Cover if your travel or accommodation provider goes out of business
How to get the best over 65s travel insurance deals
Travel insurance for people over 65 tends to incur higher premiums. This is because insurers view older people as being at a higher risk than younger travellers of suffering health problems while on holiday. However it’s not worth taking the risk of travelling uninsured. Instead, use the following tips in conjunction with out FREE travel insurance comparison table above to compare the best travel insurance deals for over 65s:
- Shop around – compare several different over 50s travel insurance providers to find the best rates for you
- Budget for specialist cover - remember to add extras such as winter sports cover into your total travel insurance costs when comparing the best deals
- Compare single and annul travel insurance - depending on how often you travel you may want to consider a multi-trip travel policy as this could work out cheaper.
- If you’re taking a cruise, bear in mind that you may require specialist cruise insurance to cover the potentially higher costs of medical evacuation and repatriation if you fall ill at sea.
- Do your research – look for specialists in travel insurance for older people
- Be honest – if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, it’s best to declare them upfront. Many specialist insurers will work with over 65s to help them find the cheapest travel insurance deal for their medical background, age, and circumstances.