What is covered by horse insurance?
Horse insurance can include such cover as:
- Cover for death from injury or illness
- Cover for loss of your horse by theft or straying
- Cover for vet’s fees
- Cover for horses from 30 days old up to over 20 years, depending on the horse insurance provider
- Bloodstock insurance – specialist insurance for high-value thoroughbred horses
- Personal accident insurance – cover for the rider of handler of the horse in the case of death or permanent disability due to an accident involving the horse
- Cover for equipment such as tack and saddles
- Multi-horse discount – save money when you insure more than one horse
- Cover for horse-drawn vehicles
- Veteran insurance – get specialist insurance plans for horses aged between 17 and 40
- Cover for horse boxes and trailers
- Third party liability
- Helplines – some horse insurers may offer useful, free helplines for policyholders, such as legal advice helplines or bereavement helplines
To start enjoying the peace of mind that horse insurance offers, compare deals and get FREE horse insurance quotes.