Compare Over 50 Top UK Van Insurers!
- Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
- Search over 50 different van insurance providers
- Purchase your van policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
- Cover for large, small, business or private van
- Temporary or long term
- Must be over 17 years old
- Must be UK resident
- Named driver no claims discount
- Matched no claims discount – If you are the only person insured on your Direct Line for Business van insurance policy and you purchase a second van that will only be driven by you, they will match the number of years on your existing van and allow a discount.
- Accidental & Malicious Damage
- Tools cover (up to £500)
- Personal accident cover
- Medical expenses
- No admin fees if you want to make changes to your policy
- Up to five named drivers on one policy
- Tailored e-documents that show only the cover you have
- Direct Line comprehensive van insurance includes Uninsured driver promise if you’re hit by an uninsured driver and it’s not your fault, Direct Line will cover your excess, and your No Claim Discount won’t be affectectrd. Vandalism promise if you make a claim for damage to your van that’s a result of vandalism, you won’t lose your No Claim Discount
- New van replacement**
**If your vehicle is less than one year old and you are the first and only registered owner, Direct Line will replace it with one of the same make and model. t&cs apply.
- Minimum Age 21 & hold a UK or EU driving license and are permanently resident in the UK
- The total number of convictions, fixed penalties or disqualifications for all drivers does not exceed 3 in the last 5 years
- The total number of accidents or claims for all drivers does not exceed 5 in the last 3 years
- The vehicle is kept at your address and has not been modified or altered in any way (including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine), other than external signage, internal paneling and/or internal or external racking
- Your business or the business of your employer is not in any way connected with any of the following: the entertainment or fashion industry, professional sports, foreign service, foreign diplomatic personnel, mini-cab drivers or mini-cab controllers
- Your vehicle is not used for the purpose of cooking food or providing hot or cold refreshments such as Ice Cream Vans, Burger Vans or does not carry hot bitumen or any other heated or refrigerated or frozen goods
- The annual mileage of your vehicle does not exceed 50,000
- 10% online discount and up to 60% no claims discount
- 98% of van insurance claim paid out**
- Accident recovery – repair your vehicle or damaged windscreens by the road
- Guaranteed courtesy van – when we’re repairing your van at an approved garage following an accident
- Your valuables – If you have things like Sat Navs and permanently-fitted audio players installed, we’ll pay towards replacing them if they’re lost or stolen. We’ll also pay up to £250 towards the cost of any other personal belongings lost or damaged while in your van.
- Taking your van abroad? – Covered for up to 93 days’ travel in the EU
*10% of our customers paid this or less between January and March 2018
** Based on AXA Van Insurance claims made in 2015
- All drivers must be aged between 25 and 75
- Must be UK residents
- Your van insurance policy will only cover you for the insured van
- The maximum amount of named drivers allowed on the policy at any one time is four
What Does Van Insurance Cover?
This will depend on the insurance company but typically things covered by van insurance policies could include:
- 24 hour van accident recovery
- Medical expenses for injury caused in an accident
- Cover for a variety of van usage including carriage of own goods, carriage of goods for hire or reward, and haulage
- New for old cover on vans less than 12 months old
- Van Breakdown cover (usually an optional feature you pay for)
- Cover for item carried in the van such as tools or goods
- Van windscreen repair or replacement
- Courtesy vans are often available in the event of an accident, providing that the van has not been written off
- Legal expenses cover – If you get into an accident in your van and it’s not your fault, you will want to claim back your excess and other costs, for example vehicle hire, from the negligent driver. Most importantly, the recovery of these costs will maintain your no-claims bonus.
For top uk van insurance quotes use our FREE service
How Much Does It Cost To Insure A Van?
This will depend on a number of factors and will also depend on the type of insurance you require:
- Third party only van insurance – this is the minimum level of vehicle insurance required by law in the UK and covers damage to property or injury to others caused by your vehicle. However, it doesn’t cover damage to your own vehicle.
- Third party fire and theft – this type of insurance covers the same things as third party only insurance, with the addition of cover for damage to your vehicle by fire or the loss of your vehicle through theft.
- Comprehensive van insurance – this type of insurance will cover you for the same eventualities as third party fire and theft, plus loss or damage to your vehicle, personal effects cover, windscreen damage, accidental damage, and even medical expenses.
- Telematics van insurance – this type of insurance involves installing a ‘black box’ in your vehicle that tracks how you drive, meaning that you could receive cheaper premiums for showing safe driving behaviours
For top uk van insurance quotes use our FREE service