Temporary Motorbike Insurance
Compare Temporary Motorbike Insurance
Temporary motorbike insurance can be useful for anyone who will only be using a bike a short term basis.
Unlike long-term policies, temporary insurance for motorbikes can often be acquired at short notice, and can provide policy holders with surprisingly comprehensive cover considering for the cost of the premium.
- Flexible and affordable solution for riders who only need cover for a short period of time
- Cover from 1 to 7 days
- Getting a quote only takes a couple of minutes and then if you’re approved you are insured from the minute you want to be.
- Cover is available for riders aged 17-70 from a wide range of backgrounds
- Minimum age – Must be 17
It should be remembered that in order to be eligible for temporary motorbike insurance, insurers will usually require you to fulfil certain standards and obligations. Providers will balance the cost of their premiums against the risk that you will make a claim.
As an alternative to long-term policies, short term motorbike insurance tends to be considerably more flexible. A policy can be active for a period of 1 to 28 days and can also be extended in some circumstances. See the product comparison table below for a selection of motorbike insurance deals:
Temporary motorbike insurance is particularly useful for people who may be considering renting a motorbike for a holiday or one-off trip. Temporary motorbike insurance may also be required in order to drive a newly-purchased bike home from a dealership.
If you have a particularly active claims history, you can usually expect to pay significantly higher premiums for your motorbike insurance – temporary or otherwise. The following factors will increase the cost of cover, and should therefore be avoided wherever possible:
- Driving convictions or points on your licence – convictions for serious offences may make insurance very difficult to get
- An unusually powerful bike – the faster you go, the higher risk you are, as far as insurers are concerned
- A young or inexperienced driver – the less experience you have, the higher your premiums will be
If you’re searching for appropriate insurance, see our table above to find some of the best motorbike insurance quotes currently available.