Is annual travel insurance right for you?
Are you likely to go on more than one holiday or business trip abroad this year? If so, it may be well worth considering an annual travel insurance policy as it could cover travel mishaps like holiday cancellations, loss of personal items and injury abroad for all your trips – and can work out cheaper than taking out individual travel insurance policies. Other benefits of annual travel insurance could include:
- You could be covered for an entire year from the policy start date – so there’s no need to apply for a new policy each time you go away as you will be covered for a whole year
- Usually covers up to 31 days per trip (select specialist insurers could offer up to 45 and 60 days cover)
- Domestic and regional travel may also be included on some annual travel insurance policies – ideal for UK-based breaks
How does annual travel insurance work?
Annual Travel Insurance Cover is available for as many trips as you wish to take during a 12 month period, with each trip usually covered for between 30 and 60 days depending on the travel insurance provider and the level of cover. You can also decide to add optional extras to your annual travel insurance policy, to create a bespoke multi-trip travel insurance package that suits you. Option extras you might want to consider include:
- Golf Equipment cover – protection for your golf clubs when you travel with them
- Wedding cover – this could cover you for items such as lost rings, wedding dress damage in transit, or venue cancellation if you are planning on getting married abroad
- Business Equipment cover – ideal if you plan on taking several business trips in a year
- Winter sports cover – if you are a keen skier or snowboarder you will usually need to add specialist insurance to your policy
Things to remember when choosing annual travel insurance
However, it is important to compare annual holiday travel insurance policies before settling for one deal. Factors to bear in mind include:
- The online discount on offer
- The level of medical expenses covered
- Whether you are covered for scheduled airline failure
- Some annual policies will limit the number of days you can spend abroad in one trip, or the total number of days abroad for the duration of the policy – so check the terms and conditions of your policy to make sure that your cover is adequate before you buy.
To find the best annual holiday travel insurance deal for you, see our free comparison table. Click on the links for more information and to apply online in minutes: