Aviva breakdown cover
Aviva breakdown cover if offered at four different levels of comprehensiveness depending on which package you select some of the benefits and features of Aviva breakdown insurance may include:
- Aviva breakdown insurance is backed by the RAC.
- Get £5 off when you buy cover online (terms and conditions apply)
- Fast response roadside assistance – aim is to get to you within 60 minutes.
- Repair of vehicles on average within 40 minutes at the roadside.
- Priority attention to anyone in a vulnerable situation.
- A range of cover options - from roadside assistance to European car breakdown cover. You can also choose whether to cover your vehicle, yourself, or you and someone else, depending on what you need.
- Rated 5 stars for quality of cover by independent financial researcher Defaqto.
- Apply for both Aviva car insurance and breakdown cover at the same time.
- Recovery in the event of driver illness
- Recovery to any destination
- Onward travel
Finding a breakdown cover policy:
There are a wide range of breakdown cover policies available from various providers so it is worth shopping around before you take out a policy to find the best deal, providers may give you the option of a personal or vehicle policy
- Vehicle cover – A vehicle cover policy will provide breakdown cover for one nominated vehicle, no matter who is driving it at the time it breaks down.
- Personal cover – A personal vehicle breakdown policy will give cover to a nominated person, this means that they will have breakdown cover for any private car they drive or in some cases are a passenger in. Some providers will let you take out personal cover for up to four individuals in the same policy as long as they all live at the same registered address.
Many providers offer their insurance in different price bands so their clients can select a level of cover that suits their needs, levels of cover may include:
- Roadside assistance: this level of cover usually the base level and all subsequent price bands will also include this cover. It will provide a certain amount of time, usually an hour, of free labour at the roadside. If the vehicle cannot be repaired at the side of the road it will also provide cover to have the vehicle towed to a nearby garage.
- Home Assistance: if a vehicle won’t start when leaving home or it breaks down within a certain range of the policy holder’s registered home address, they would need to have a home assistance package as basic roadside assistance packages often don’t include these events.
- Onward Travel: If a breakdown cannot be fixed at the roadside or within a certain time frame at a garage then if a policy holder had an onward travel package their insurer may be able to provide them with means to carry on their journey which may be; a hire car for a limited time period or alternative transport.