Choosing a credit card
When looking for a new credit card, here are some of the features and benefits you might want to look out for before making a decision:
- 0% on balance transfers – these credit cards can be usual if you have a large existing balance on a credit card and want to move your money to a new credit card to avoid paying interest on it. Some credit card providers offer 0% balance transfers lasting over two years, which could help you to pay off the credit card balance over time without paying additional interest.
- 0% on purchases - if you plan to do a lot a spending on your credit card then a 0% balance transfer card could be an option to consider as no interest will be charged on any purchases you make
- Access to cash back credit cards – earn points or cash as you spend when you choose a rewards credit card deal
- Bad credit rating credit cards – if you have poor credit history, some providers offer cards to help you rebuild your credit rating
- Fraud protection - security features are available that can help to make using your credit card safe and easy
About Egg Credit Cards
The Egg Banking brand was launched in 1998 and was one the first banks to offer remote operation only – customers could only operate their account online or via a call centre, which was a novel concept at the time. The credit card arm of the Egg business was transferred to Barclaycard in 2011.