Compare Direct Line Car Insurance
With Direct Line Car Insurance you can choose from three different types of cover, each with their own features, costs and benefits, which means you can choose the right level of car cover to suit you. The three types of car insurance available from Direct Line include:
- Comprehensive Cover - This type of car insurance covers you and your vehicle for any accident, whether it was your fault or not.
- Third Party Fire and Theft - This type of car insurance covers you and your vehicle if it is stolen or damaged by fire. It also covers you for damages to the other person and their car if you are involved in an accident and it is your fault.
- Third Party Only - This type of car insurance covers you for damage to other people’s property and well as providing compensation for death or injuries caused by an accident that was your fault. It also covers you for damage and injury caused by your passengers.
Some of the benefits of Direct Line car insurance include:
- Uninsured driver promise – If an uninsured driver hits you and it's not your fault, Direct Line have your excess covered and you won't lose your No Claim Discount. Remember, Direct Line will need the other driver’s registration number as well as the make and model of their car. Comprehensive cover required and non fault claims only.
- Guaranteed car hire - If your car is stolen or written off due to an accident, then Direct Line will keep you moving with a small hatchback for up to 21 days in a row. Comes as standard with Comprehensive cover. If you choose one of Direct Line's approved repairers, you can keep the hire car until your vehicle is fixed. Keep in mind, this doesn't include windscreen claims & customer delayed claims.
- Repairs guaranteed for five years – when you use a repairer approved by Direct Line.
- Vandalism protection – if your car is vandalised, this won't affect your no claim discount.
- 24/7 UK-based emergency helpline.
- Car insurance for drivers under 21 - Drivers under 21 can get a 25% upfront discount just for taking out a Direct Line DrivePlus policy. If you're 21-25, you’ll get at least 15% off. And more experienced drivers still stand to save. If your premium’s already under £500, there might be a charge for the plug-in. DrivePlus is for cars built in 1996 or later.