Halifax Home Insurance Policy Features
Benefits with a Halifax home insurance policy could include:
£50 cashback offer on new combined buildings and contents policies - conditions apply
10% discount when you get a quote and buy through Halifax online banking
- Halifax home insurance has been given a 5 Star Rating by independent financial research company Defaqto
- Spread your payments - pay your premiums in 12 monthly installments and pay no interest
- Get exclusive discount if you hold a Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account
- Halifax offers a helping hand for first time buyers - if you’ve never held a home insurance policy before, Halifax will help out by giving you an additional discount.
- Accidental damage cover
- Alternative accommodation cover
- High risk items/valuables covered up to £10,000 with selected Halifax policies
- Optional personal belongings cover
- Theft from outbuildings cover
- Freezer content replacement cover
- Loss or theft of keys
- Water damage cover
Halifax home insurance covers both buildings and contents - you can take out both or if you prefer you can opt just for buildings or contents cover. Buildings insurance with Halifax covers your home up to £400,000 and you can opt to increase this up to £1 million. You can get up to 20% of the total building sum assured to provide alternative accommodation if your home is made uninhabitable due to an insured event. Cover also covers malicious damage and vandalism, theft, flood, fire and escape of water due to domestic appliances or fixed water installations.
Halifax Standard Blanket Cover
With Halifax contents insurance you have standard blanket cover up to £50,000 with coverage for accidental damage to TV's, computer and audio equipment. You also have accidental damage cover for fixed glass in furniture, mirrors, glass in shelves and free standing ceramic hobs. If you are looking for additional cover Halifax for a bit extra provide a range of additional cover options for your home.
For more information on Halifax buildings and contents insurance for your home see their website.