Halifax currently offers you the chance to win £100,000 when you open a savings account – you can be entered into the Halifax Savers Prize Draw for a chance to win £100,000 or one of a thousand smaller prizes. (You must hold £5,000 in qualifying savings accounts each calendar month and register.)
Halifax savings accounts have various advantages and benefits, whatever you are saving for. Halifax offers a selection of savings accounts with different benefits, so you can choose from:
- Everyday Saver - a simple, easy access savings account, you can use hassle-free online, in branch or over the phone.
- Online Saver – enjoy unlimited withdrawal and deposits, can be opened with just £1. Joint account available if required.
- Fixed Online Saver – choose from terms of 6 months to 5 years, depending on your personal savings goals
- Fixed Saver – choose to receive income monthly, annually or on maturity depending on the fixed rate you choose
- Online tracker bond - a variable monthly interest rate that tracks at a fixed amount above the Bank of England Bank Rate. So if the Bank of England Bank Rate changes, your Tracker Bond interest rate changes as well - on the first working day of the following month.
Halifax also offers a selection of savings accounts especially for under 15s, including:
- Kids’ Regular Saver – encourage the next generation to save regularly, from as little as £10 a month
- Young Saver – children over 7 can get a cash card to help them learn how to manage their money
- Kids’ Fixed Saver – open a fixed rate savings account for your child with a lump sum from £500 and upwards