Today's Mortgage Rates
If you are looking to find the best available lowest mortgage rates the following tips may help you:
- Get together as large a deposit as possible
- Work out how much you could realistically afford to pay for your mortgage each month
- Use a mortgage calculator to help you assess how much each mortgage could cost you, although please note that these will only provide an estimate
- Shop around and compare mortgages from several different providers
- If you look for mortgages with introductory offers, ensure that you are aware of the cost of such mortgages after the expiration of the initial deal as sometimes they can offer poor value
- Be able to demonstrate to lenders that you have a good credit rating and steady employment
- Some banks and building societies may be able to offer you preferential mortgage rates if you already hold a current or savings account with them, so you could check with your provider
- If you are still unsure about which mortgage deal could be best for you, you could speak to an independent financial adviser (IFA)
UK mortgage rates are subject to change on a regular basis as lenders react to changes in the base rate set by the Bank of England. See the tables above for a selection of today's latest mortgage interest rates.
Lenders can change mortgage rates in line with base rate changes or they may choose to adjust in line with their own requirements.
The mortgage market is highly competitive so use the tables above to compare a selection of leading UK mortgage rates. With mortgage interest rates fluctuating getting the right deal for your circumstances can be daunting. We recommend that you get professional advice - you can call our mortgage team on 0117 332 6063.
For many people, home ownership is a major aspiration. Therefore, finding the most suitable mortgage deal is a hugely important task and, as such, should be taken seriously. Whether you are buying your first property or are looking to remortgage, it is strongly advised that you take the time to compare the different mortgage rates on offer from several different providers. This could help to ensure that you find a suitable mortgage deal that offers you good value. Our mortgage comparison tables below give details of several of the leading mortgage deals currently on the market from a number of different lenders. Feel free to refer to these as you compare a selection of lowest mortgage rates: